Slick/Radial setups

Chad006

Drag racer wannabe
Feb 12, 2015
Goodlow, B.C.
Ok guys I know this has been beat to death but just wanted to see what everyone’s thoughts are on slicks vs radials. Went to order the 30x14 cheaters from M&H and sounds like they are back ordered and didn’t sound overly promising for timeline. John at M&H asked why I wanted to run cheaters apposed to a true slick, this got me thinking. Is there a reason to shy away from a non DOT slick? Weight maybe? Right now I’m looking at the M&H 12.00x17 nostalgia slick on a set of ion 171 16x10 rims. What are your guys thoughts?

onebaddmaxxx

Feb 22, 2009
Cecil County Md
Iv ran cheaters and cut good 60ft times as well as countless others some even doing 1.3x 60s. I dont know that with the average silverado with an allison and no trans brake you would never need anymore. Brake stalling youv already loaded the tire where as a better slick would hook better with an initial hit of a brake. Of course all relevant to the surface your racing on as well. a nice prepped track I would take a radial over a slick anyday. But at diesel only events you wont ever get that kind of prep.