Shocks for 3/5 drop

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
The front is stock with stock keys with the bolts out. Back has drop shackles but truck sits 3" higher in the back. I Ordered Mcgaughys drop hangers to bring the back down. problem is Rear shocks only have about 3" of travel left now. Was wondering if everyone runs stock length shocks or what shocks and part numbers do you run? Couldn't find anything about shock lengths when searching. i have fox shocks now but will swap them to my LBZ.

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
The front is stock with stock keys with the bolts out. Back has drop shackles but truck sits 3" higher in the back. I Ordered Mcgaughys drop hangers to bring the back down. problem is Rear shocks only have about 3" of travel left now. Was wondering if everyone runs stock length shocks or what shocks and part numbers do you run? Couldn't find anything about shock lengths when searching. i have fox shocks now but will swap them to my LBZ.
I am the same up front as you are with your truck, as far as the back goes I have 3" drop shackles and the overload is gone. I used to run KYB monomax shocks front and tear. I ended up going to Viking shocks dual adjustable.

The reasons I went with viking is that had them make shocks specific to my ride height, from center of mounting point to center of mounting point. That way the stroke of the shock is correct, and there is enough up/down travel.

My truck isnt a daily driver though, and this might not fit your needs, but thought I would share anyways.

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
Thank you, my truck isnt a daily. It's been torn apart most of this year I think I only put 1500 miles on it. Just as a FYI I called belltech. With the stock front suspension the recommended the 10103H shock for the front, for the back with up to a 5" drop they recommend the 2211FF shock, if lower then 5" they recommend the 2210FF shock. I ordered the 10103H and 2211FF. I'm going to see how they fit, I found them onsale for $30 a shock. If they fit good I will use them alittle then use the same compressed and extended measurements to order other shocks if need be

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
Incase anyone else has this problem I can confirm the 2211FF works in the back if you have at a minimum drop shackles. They will work from 3"-5" drop. The 10103H works with lowered bars. Neither will work on a stock height truck, the shocks would be pretty much maxed out at stock height. My truck sits 37" from ground to bottom of fender with 305/50/20's in the front. Back is currently at 40 but hopefully closet to 38" when my drop hangers come in.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
When I was 3/5 low I ran stock 1500 shocks in the rear. Worked just fine on my rcsb

sneaky98gt

Nov 5, 2013
I've got 3" Belltech drop shackles on mine and the overload removed. I think the total drop was around 3.5"-4.0".

I'm running the KYB Monomax, part number 565038. It's been a while since I took the measurements and did the research, but I believe the stock shock is 16" long fully compressed to 26" long fully extended. The KYB 565038 is 14.5" compressed to 22.5" extended. It's slightly different from the left side to the right side, but that allows ~4" of axle compression and ~3" of axle extension, which is comparable to stock on the compression and somewhat less on the extension.

Regardless of the exact numbers, I have no complaints and would absolutely recommend it to someone that's lowered in the 4"-5" range. Rides great, and have never hit the end of travel (as far as I know).