LML Service traction control/stabilitrack

Pwinland95

Jan 24, 2015
Illinois
So I've got a 15 just rolled 25k miles. Started it up one day and comes up service stabilitrack and trac control. Abs light comes on and says the parking brake is on. Drive down the road and it goes off in a couple miles. Couple days go by and it comes and goes. Idk if there's a short or what's going on. Just looking to see if anyone else has had this issue. I'm not sure where to start looking.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Wouldn't a 2015 with only 25k miles still be under the bumper to bumper warranty? That's where I'd start: make the dealer fix it.

If it isn't under warranty because you've done some mods to the truck, I would start looking at those mods. If it is lifted, were the wheel speed sensors extended? etc. Let us know what is done to the truck and we might be able to help more.

Pwinland95

Jan 24, 2015
Illinois
Wouldn't a 2015 with only 25k miles still be under the bumper to bumper warranty? That's where I'd start: make the dealer fix it.

If it isn't under warranty because you've done some mods to the truck, I would start looking at those mods. If it is lifted, were the wheel speed sensors extended? etc. Let us know what is done to the truck and we might be able to help more.

It's actually just out of warranty by miles and date. But the truck is not lifted, just leveling keys.

Pwinland95

Jan 24, 2015
Illinois
Also comes up and says service trailer brakes. I can drive it a couple days and it doesn't show up and it will randomly appear. Wasn't sure if all of these messages that come up are linked in some way?

036.6turbo

Jan 17, 2014
Also comes up and says service trailer brakes. I can drive it a couple days and it doesn't show up and it will randomly appear. Wasn't sure if all of these messages that come up are linked in some way?

Pull your dash pad, there is a ground where the windshield meets the firewall, near the "A" pillar, on both sides of the cab. If one of those grounds are loose, it will set those codes.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Look into grounds for sure. I had this problem with a 12 Chevy Cruze. They ended up replacing the wiring harness. Never came back again. They had tried the cleaning and tightening grounds a couple times. The bigger problem with it was the electronic assist steering would lock up when it did that. My kids drove it to school and it being unsafe wasn't a option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pwinland95

Jan 24, 2015
Illinois
Look into grounds for sure. I had this problem with a 12 Chevy Cruze. They ended up replacing the wiring harness. Never came back again. They had tried the cleaning and tightening grounds a couple times. The bigger problem with it was the electronic assist steering would lock up when it did that. My kids drove it to school and it being unsafe wasn't a option.

No kidding that's not safe at all, I haven't had any issues with steering yet. Knock on wood. But I agree it's probably a ground issue. Like I said it will come up periodically and one day it may stay on for a long period of time or it may shut off after I drive a mile.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
do the LMLs have that ground on the frame under the driver side door like the earlier years did? that ground could cause all sorts of messages like those

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Under the drivers door. again i am not sure if the LMLs are the same
60640d1328574575-abs-brake-light-img_0120.jpg

Wyley87

Jul 21, 2012
Texas
My 13 LML has that. It's where the headlights and fog lights ground for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Pwinland95

Jan 24, 2015
Illinois
I'm not sure if it's a coincidence or not but a couple days before these messages started to appear, I had installed a morimoto hid kit.

Wyley87

Jul 21, 2012
Texas
Just a thought.

Not telling you to be a parts changer but it could be the brake switch or the wire to it. All of the systems you mentioned would be affected.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

orangereborn

Dec 26, 2016
My event... Started from stop lite did hard shift & stop moving. STABILITRAK lite on and tow lite/shift indicator lite/message screen out. Message 2 service STABILITRAK. Got off the road, code U0101 & P2100 & reset. limp mode home 20 miles w/trailer 35 MPH. Stayed in one gear. Restart same & U1010. Past had P2100 code.. Next morning okay...Grounds? P2100/ throttle body cause it? Or???