Service 4wd

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Been having a intermittent service 4wd issue since last winter. Sometimes it will go into 4wd fine and other times it won’t. I just replaced the front diff actuator and encoder motor. Well I’m still having the issue so we read the codes with a solus last night and getting c0379 for the front diff not engaging. I just changed the diff fluid today, it was a chocolate milk brown looking and didn’t have much metal shavings on the plug. About the same as last time I changed it. Also sometimes when it says it’s in 4 hi it’s really only in 2wd and sometimes it goes into 4 hi just fine. Other times it won’t even go and just says service 4wd system. Any ideas?

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
What kind of encoder motor did you put on it? GM or aftermarket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Gm. You can hear the motor clicking like the t case is going into 4. Both motors have gave me the same symptoms and both actuators have gave me the same symptoms.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Have you checked the grounds good?

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
The grounds on the frame rail underneath drivers door? Those were pulled off and cleaned when trying to find my communication error a couple weeks ago. All fuses were gone over also.

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Yeah i cleaned them with a wire brush. Could my switch be bad and not give a signal to the front diff to engage? Or what tells the front diff to engage? Could a shift fork be sticking in the front diff?

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Hmmm. I suppose a switch could cause it. I would be more suspect of the TCCM at this point though.