SDP/Pure Addiction event @woodburn dragstrip

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
Well already posted this in my build page, but figured I could post this up in here as well. Made the 3hr drive to wood burn and made 5 passes. First pass out of the gate was my best of the day with a 12.08 @112.58 with a 1.767 60ft. Blew a intercooler boot on the 5th pass so I just called it a day. Fist time using my 2nd gear start tune, and with better tires I know I can get into the 11's. Enjoy

https://youtu.be/LnouO579BBI

Last edited:

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
Nice run!
Lol poor ford...
Crowds are dying off in more and more sports
I noticed it at a bowl game recently / the mud runs right down the street
The local circle track
And even the Daytona 500 speedway doesn’t draw a crowd like it did when I was a kid.
Not sure why, there’s nothing like watching stuff in person
Pure horsepower or grown men beating the crap out of each other lol:roflmao:

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
Nice run!
Lol poor ford...
The local circle track
And even the Daytona 500 speedway doesn’t draw a crowd like it did when I was a kid.

Thanks I was expecting more people as well.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Nice run!
Lol poor ford...
The local circle track

Fear...

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
In the case of the Daytona 500, I don't think it's fear. NASCAR is putting out a poor product (shitty racing... all aerodynamic grip, gear rule puts them in a box, too many rules for equality) and they lost almost all of their drivers with personality. Attendance and TV viewership is way down for NASCAR.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
I think social media is killing many sports. 1 mess up and you get put on blast with social media. No one cares about the solid 100 runs you make. But that bad 1 is everything

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
I think social media is killing many sports. 1 mess up and you get put on blast with social media. No one cares about the solid 100 runs you make. But that bad 1 is everything

I agree with this. Social media kills a lot of things just not sporting events. And it's also a good thing if its used properly.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course

I wonder if it’s not more of a generational thing. I have never gotten any joy sitting in the stands at any sporting event other than my local dirt track where I grew up. Most of the people that I know of that go to sporting events go just to tailgate. At some point it becomes too much work and you can drink beer at home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
So today was the 2nd year of this event and in my 3rd pass of the day I got my 11 sec run. Could of got into the the 11.80's with a better 60ft, but with a 1/2 tank of fuel that's not gonna help ya out at all.

My 2 goals for the day was to get into the 11's and make the 3+ hour drive home in my truck and I did just that!
Can't upload pic due to photobucket being gay, but I had a 1.7 60ft 1/8th was a 7.6 and the 1/4 was 11.988 @113.10mph. Had a blast and couldnt be more happy with this 13 yr old truck on stock fuel.

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Congrats Russ! Always feels good hitting a goal! I knew the second I hit the 60’ mark I was breaking my 12. Getting a good smooth 60’ is such a good feeling. Time to throw some sticks and stroker in that bad boy and run for 10s. Blake’s got several crew cab stock motors in the 10s :D

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
Yep had the slicks on, if I could of had less fuel in the tank I think I could of got close to 11.80's.