Russ Job or 3794

DefiantArms

Limp Mode Cowboy
Jan 28, 2016
St. Augustine, FL
Hey Russell instead of PMing you id thought id post here so others can gain knowledge as well.

I'm wanting to upgrade my turbo soon and I spoke to you in the past about a rebuilt ported polished LLY turbo with a Wetzel wheel and a 10 blade turbine wheel I'm curious if you think performance wise I should go that route or a 3794 or even a 68r "Thanks Travis" lol Or perhaps a different setup? planning stock fuel until I get time and money to do the injectors than it'll be 45/60% sticks not sure yet. I have read good things about both setups and just looking for your opinion. :Charger:

goal is to just have a nice truck.. Tracks close to me are 1/8 and only one or two dynos close so really just wanting something a little more fun to drive and leave mustang drivers scratching there head at what just happened :thinking2:

Last edited:

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
I have an LBZ turbo at Russ's for rebuild and PnP now. I can't wait to see how it does in my twin setup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

DefiantArms

Limp Mode Cowboy
Jan 28, 2016
St. Augustine, FL
I really don't want to run twins I really don't see the need for me atleast. I read the 31 page review on the 68R and guys are making 600-700 on just the 68R but that's just my thoughts. I have no doubt that Russ does an excellent job i've read a lot of his threads and seen the pictures his work is exceptional and I know id be happy with him working over my LLY turbo just wanting to know what others experience with other turbos are so I know what ill be happiest with :thumb:

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
it can be quieted down. Mark drove my truck, he can attest - I got it in cab quiet... still a beast to the general public, lol.

AFAIK the LML cannot use the 3794 nor the Stg2R. Mark has a charger just for the LML. Unless something has changed?

Troysalm71

Feb 28, 2016
Bemidji, MN
From what I've read on here towuforfree and rancelot were of the first to switch from a 3794 to the 68r and they didn't look back others say it's better also but it is louder is the only drawback I see if it is a drawback

I can turn the radio up haha thanks for the info. I suppose I'll need the coolant line kit an should be able to drop it in? Sure wish I had a stocker to give rancelot but mines an lml. Bummer

Troysalm71

Feb 28, 2016
Bemidji, MN
it can be quieted down. Mark drove my truck, he can attest - I got it in cab quiet... still a beast to the general public, lol.

AFAIK the LML cannot use the 3794 nor the Stg2R. Mark has a charger just for the LML. Unless something has changed?

Missed your post an yes I was wondering. They can use the 3794 Stg 2r with the coolant line kit. I was wondering before as somthin in the vane tables were missing for the lml. It does say on Danville I can run the 3794 tho so if possible I'd run the 68r an talk to mark Monday. Thanks

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
It does say on Danville I can run the 3794 tho so if possible I'd run the 68r an talk to mark Monday. Thanks

I just looked. It shows you can't run the 3794stg2r nor the 68mmstg2r. The LML turbo would be the 3794stg2 with your core.

Talking to Mark is always best :)

Troysalm71

Feb 28, 2016
Bemidji, MN
Hmm I looked on the first page an went down to the 3794 an says if running lml click here an will bring you to another page or would they turn my factory turbo into it you're saying I'll call though to be sure.