Roll Pan Hitch

MaxComp88B

Mar 30, 2022
I am planning on putting a roll pan on my truck...I have seen hidden roll pan hitches by a company called big hitch products or soemthing along that line. They are for 2001-2010 trucks. But I found a few other brand hitches that are hidden but say they are for 2001-2007. I am confused. I will buy the big hitch products one but would like to look around for a few others before I settle on one. Any info?
Just so yall know I will not be buying an ebay hitch but this is just an example of what I am talking about. It says it fits 01-07 trucks but big hitch products says 01-10. Also I know it says 1500 only but on ebay the compatability says 2500 as well.

Last edited:

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
The biggest difference between the the years is the cabs. Basically the same from 01 to half way through 07. Then they switched up the design. But I believe the frame stayed the same. Frame changes happened in 2011 so 01 to 10 should all bolt up the same. And I think even the 99 & 2000 frame may be the same too

Not sure on the gassers or 1500s since I don't pay as much attention to them but I think they are roughly the same within a year or so

Reactions: MaxComp88B

MaxComp88B

Mar 30, 2022
Where is best place to get roll pan? I find a bunch on ebay and few on sites but nothing much anywhere else. If someone on the forum sells them I may buy from them.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
The biggest difference between the the years is the cabs. Basically the same from 01 to half way through 07. Then they switched up the design. But I believe the frame stayed the same. Frame changes happened in 2011 so 01 to 10 should all bolt up the same. And I think even the 99 & 2000 frame may be the same too

Not sure on the gassers or 1500s since I don't pay as much attention to them but I think they are roughly the same within a year or so
There are some minor differences on the frame between GMT800 - GMT900 but the hitches will bolt up as long as the bed length is the same.

Long bed and short bed hitch's have the notch for the leaf spring hanger in different locations.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
There are some minor differences on the frame between GMT800 - GMT900 but the hitches will bolt up as long as the bed length is the same.

Long bed and short bed hitch's have the notch for the leaf spring hanger in different locations.
Ah, good to know. I always thought that the frames on the LMM where essentially the same as the GMT800 despite the truck technically being a GMT900 and the frame didn't get upgraded until the LML. Wasn't aware of the hitch difference between bed length

Reactions: 1FastBrick

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Ah, good to know. I always thought that the frames on the LMM where essentially the same as the GMT800 despite the truck technically being a GMT900 and the frame didn't get upgraded until the LML. Wasn't aware of the hitch difference between bed length
They are minor difference's on the 2500 the 1500 I believe went to a coil over style with spring in the front. I think they used the basic same mounting points though as I have seen the GMT900 long beds on the 800 chassis. Usually the long beds are used as work trucks and the beds get hammered... It's hard to find a clean used one for sale.

Reactions: 2004LB7

MaxComp88B

Mar 30, 2022
So I got the roll pan. I am having it paint matched. So if I buy a hidden hitch for a Chevy 1500 from 07 and older it will mount on my 2009 Chevy 2500 as long as it’s for a short bed?

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
So I got the roll pan. I am having it paint matched. So if I buy a hidden hitch for a Chevy 1500 from 07 and older it will mount on my 2009 Chevy 2500 as long as it’s for a short bed?
I would buy one from somewhere where you could return it if you had to. Or see if they can give you a good spec sheet on the measurements of it. It will bolt up but i'm not sure how it's gonna hit on the roll pan.

The frame heights are different.
I think the 2500s frames are 2" taller...

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Why not just but a known good hitch that works? WCFab owns Big Hitch Products now, you won't find a better roll pan hitch than that and it's made to fit these trucks.

On local pulling trucks we've always gone to Big Hitch Products (formerly Big Chevy Hitch) and never bent one yet so they are always my go to for a hitch if someone is willing to spend the money.

MaxComp88B

Mar 30, 2022
Why not just but a known good hitch that works? WCFab owns Big Hitch Products now, you won't find a better roll pan hitch than that and it's made to fit these trucks.

On local pulling trucks we've always gone to Big Hitch Products (formerly Big Chevy Hitch) and never bent one yet so they are always my go to for a hitch if someone is willing to spend the money.
Do you stock them?

MaxComp88B

Mar 30, 2022
What Curt/reece options are there? I looked but couldnt find much. I mean I will spend the 500 on that hitch if I need ot but looking for a more affordabel option. Most times the heavy trailers I tow are goosenecks and the bumper pull trailers are normally just little 12 footers if I am taking a four wheeler with me somewhere or something.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
What Curt/reece options are there? I looked but couldnt find much. I mean I will spend the 500 on that hitch if I need ot but looking for a more affordabel option. Most times the heavy trailers I tow are goosenecks and the bumper pull trailers are normally just little 12 footers if I am taking a four wheeler with me somewhere or something.
There are zero Curt/Reese roll pan options that I've seen, that's more of a generalization that typically a customer will buy a Curt/Reese/B&W etc hitch before spending BHP money. I've used BHP mainly for open street pullers that require a 2" receiver as I've never had one bend/fail. This is both their below bumper as well as roll pan hitches.

There are zero other roll pan option hitches that I have used beyond BCH/BHP. They are pricey but worth every penny. You're certainly welcome to try a 1500 hitch but I doubt you will find the answer of "will it work" here on the forum.