Ride quality vs larger tires

KRATOCT

Aug 22, 2011
“What size tires can I fit on my truck?” Has to be one of the most common questions asked on these forums yet after searching around I wasn’t able to find what I needed so here I am making yet another post about it. Answers and opinions would be great or if one of you guys knows place to find the answer that I’m asking if you could direct me there I would greatly appreciate that as well. The information in the first sticky thread about tire information was great but I couldn’t find information beyond 2013 LML trucks.
2016 CCSB 2500 HD midnight Z71 edition that came stock with the 275 duratracs. With the diesel motor upfront the truck just squats so much lower in the front than in the back. I planned on getting measurements and pictures before I posted here but not around the truck right now so I can get those later but it Has to be a couple inch difference I bet. I just want to truck to look fairly level even an inch lower in the front or less might look OK and it would be nice to fit bigger tires. The 275s have very little tread life left but look so small.
I was hoping for some thing around a 305 or 35s but I don’t want to have any significant rubbing or have a terrible ride quality due to suspension adjustments. I’m willing to adjust it a little bit if it’s not going to hurt the ride quality too bad and a slight rub very minimal rub will be OK.
I don’t want to get crazy with a full suspension to get the best of both worlds. I know that is ideal and I have been there with my LMM and a full 4 inch suspension drop with 305 Toyo MT on 20 x 10s but if that’s my only option I’ll just keep things stock and put 275s or 285s on. I am just in need of new tires and looking into what I might have to do to be able to get a little bigger tire on there without losing ride quality or having serious rubbing. I’ve heard the mention of spacers and of course just cranking the keys and wondering what is a reliable option that isn’t going to hurt the truck too bad. Thanks

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Have you looked at custom offsets gallery? They have a huge database of trucks with virtually any wheel tire and suspension combo you could imagine

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
35s are going to be difficult without a lift or a ton of trimming to not rub. May also need to re-gear the diffs to get the power back. 305s are doable without a lift my may still rub a little unless trimmed or NorCal fender mod

For minimal effort, 285s take the cake

Any time you crank the torsion bars up you will reduce ride quality. The front of these vehicles aren't really sagging unless the bars are worn out but unlikely on that new of a vehicle. It is actually built in to the design to have that rake so when the bed is loaded up or a trailer hooked up the truck levels out. If they set it up level then when you load up the front will point into the air with headlights blinding people and shining on the clouds. You can do some minimal cranking of the bars to level it out without effecting the ride to much if you go with 285s

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
My vote would be new UCA’s, some new shocks to account for the lift, level it out a bit, and some 285s. If you have 20s you could probably fit 285/60r20 easily and maybe some 285/65r20s (34.5x11 ish)

KRATOCT

Aug 22, 2011
Any UCA kits you recommend for this truck? Not looking to break the bank but want something at least of equal quality of stock. Hope to have the truck for quite a few years