Replacement rockers/ cab corners

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Is anyone in the know about who makes the best fitting/ best longevity rocker panels / cab corners for a crew cab gmt 800?

it seems there are 97 options. I want full replacement not slip ons.

valleyduramax

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa ON Canada
I got a set of full replacement outer rockers from Rock Auto back in the spring. i do not recall the part number but the thickness of the sheet metal is like double what factory was. My truck is a regular cab and the rockers are off slightly in terms of fit and this is my first time doing this type of repair. i ended up having to get the front to line up with the factory pillar and then self tapper screw into place and then i cut the rocker in half as i was a 1/4" off on the rear fitment. Maybe they are made to over lap at the back but i had already trimmed out metal and said eff it and figured a little more work but less headache to just fit it right. My machinist brain can't handle anything more than 0.01" error hahaha. but i figure a little more effort and pain now will pay off when finished.

I also ordered inner rockers and cab corners from a place local to me and they are a well known spot in my area anyway, and the inner rockers i received were not very good quality when i first took them out of box but got them cleaned up and will do the job.

Hope this helps

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Almost a year later and I’m still thinking about this..

I guess I need to go to my trusted body shop and see what they use.

OleBlackyLBZ

May 22, 2020
Im in the same boat, planning to do my rockers this winter and want to do it right the first time taking no shortcuts. Hopefully someone chimes in thats done this a few times..

660catman

May 18, 2021
LKQ / Keystone is a major importer of quality rust repair panels and aftermarket autobody panels. Whatever you buy, buy the die-stamped full rocker. Don’t forget to get the inners too. If you’re going that far, do it right. There are slip-on variations which are ok in some instances. I worked for a major Canadian importer 10 years ago so I’ve lost touch who the best manufacturer is.

2013 Sierra SLE 2500HD Crew Cab

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
LKQ / Keystone is a major importer of quality rust repair panels and aftermarket autobody panels. Whatever you buy, buy the die-stamped full rocker. Don’t forget to get the inners too. If you’re going that far, do it right. There are slip-on variations which are ok in some instances. I worked for a major Canadian importer 10 years ago so I’ve lost touch who the best manufacturer is.

I’m a dealer for lkq/ keystone. I’ve heard they are good quality just want to verify before I spend the money and hate it

660catman

May 18, 2021
I’m a dealer for lkq/ keystone. I’ve heard they are good quality just want to verify before I spend the money and hate it

Tong Yang and Gordon Autobody Parts are two of the biggest manufacturers for sheet metal. Both have really good products. We sold thousands of those rockers.