Renewable diesel?

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Why is everyone afraid to run just straight diesel? I've worked with alot of diesel engines that get worked to the max 24 hours a day and never get any additives

This is a site of Diesel enthusiast. Generally people that are enthusiastic about something don't necessarily just follow the norms. Sit around at the diesel pump and ask everybody that comes to get diesel what kind of additives they run and your probably get a lot of funny looks.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Why is everyone afraid to run just straight diesel? I've worked with alot of diesel engines that get worked to the max 24 hours a day and never get any additives
Because there are benefits to additives. Are they mandatory? Hell no, but the lubrication, cetane points increase, cleaning agents, fuel stability agents etc all add benefits IMO.

I look at my fuel system as an investment. Lets look at an LB7 with 100% and a 12mm for example. That fuel system costs ~$7694.85 ($2550 pump and $5144.85 for new DDP SAC100%). If I can gain any life out of that system by running an additive it is money well spent.