Regen Counts

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
Does anyone know if the Colorado/Cyn computer counts regen events? My bone stock 19 has 5300 miles and needed a forced regen after getting a clogged DPF code. To be honest, I cannot honestly say I have ever experienced regen in this truck. In my LML it was very noticeable, at elevated idle or on the highway, I could always tell. Thanks in advance.

stroke250

I May Be Lost...
Jul 1, 2008
Idaho
I would think it does. I can’t say for sure though. Have you been doing a lot of stop and go driving with it?

The thing I like about the Ford compared to the GM is the ability to have a operator commanded regen if needed(only allowed when sootload is 100%/exhaust full).. We do a lot of stop and go driving and sometimes we aren’t able to get to fully clean/0% soot load. I’ll take the time and go initiate the regen for 30min to clean it out completely if needed.

Since I have been out of the newer GM stuff, does the dash have the option to display soot load? It can be turned on with the Ford software.

GM_Guy

Jan 21, 2016
Southeast MI
Only way I can tell mine is in Regen is by the smell of the exhaust after I already shut the truck off. Idk why we can't get a small icon letting us know the truck is in Regen and being able to command Regen would be even better.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk