Reduced engine power no CEL or codes

Ron Nielson

Oct 11, 2009
Berryton, KS
See post #3. You said your problem started with a different fuel filter. Replace it with a stock filter and see what happens. It may not improve your situation but at least you haven't compounded your problem by having an unknown in the mix.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Only time I’ve seen reduced engine power is when there’s a maf issue. Now it could be the egr sticking causing the ecm seeing a maf reading it doesn’t like.

Also if there’s a boost leak somewhere that could cause that same issue but I think a map code would set

VEfreak

Oct 18, 2018
I'll change out the fuel filter. Is there an easy way for me to test whether the MAF and TPS are still in good working condition? It seems that those are two common root causes of REP message.

VEfreak

Oct 18, 2018
Any recommendations on what a “good scanner” would be? I’m assuming that my $20 foseal from Amazon won’t cut the mustard in this case. I tried it and it’s not telling me anything useful.

VEfreak

Oct 18, 2018
No luck fixing the problem. I finally found time to take it to a professional shop. They were gracious enough to throw the code reader on it for me. It had two stored codes related to the TPS; P2122 and P2138. I replaced the TPS and no dice, it's still giving the "Reduced Engine Power" message. I'm about ready to throw in the towel unless some else has some miracle suggestion. Thanks for all the help guys, I really do appreciate it even if I couldn't fix this myself.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
it's going to be difficult to guide you much more unless we can get more codes, pid info or other readings as we don't have the truck in front of us. where are you at? maybe one of us with the right scanner is close enough to help you out

VEfreak

Oct 18, 2018
I totally understand. Electrical is not my specialty and I have a shit $20 code reader from amazon. I'll submit to the fact that I can't fix everything myself and take it to a pro. I do appreciate everyone's thoughts and suggestions!

07mydmax

Dec 20, 2010
I totally understand. Electrical is not my specialty and I have a shit $20 code reader from amazon. I'll submit to the fact that I can't fix everything myself and take it to a pro. I do appreciate everyone's thoughts and suggestions!
So its been a while.... What was the end result ?

Reactions: HammerMatt