Rear Diff Fluid Change

Jake707

Mar 30, 2020
Ok got under there with the compressor hose and put it to the end off the diff. Blew through fine as I heard it hissing out of that vent cap up top by the filler neck. I sprayed it all down last. Ought with two bottles of brake cleaner and it still looks almost the same so I’ll have to get more and actually scrub it down it seems so I can see if the pinion seal is actually leaking. I know it’s gotta be due for diff fluid change but I’d like to do it all at once so I’m not having to drain clean fluid again etc so I’ll try and clean it up better today

Jake707

Mar 30, 2020
Update a little bit. Cleaned it all up and have been driving. It’s all def wet again, bother the drain plug and yoke area so there’s fluid weeping out.
Should I replace the pinion yoke assembly or just the pinion seal?

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
You don't NEED a new yoke, but if it makes you feel better... Like I said before, most of the time the pinion wear sleeve will have a groove in it, make sure to get one along with the seal. Think I bought a Yukon, # GM 26060977

Jake707

Mar 30, 2020
Thanks. Wasn’t sure if the yoke “wears out” or not and should be replaced since it would be off.
I’ll make sure to get the seal and sleeve together.