rcsb 99 1500 w/a cummins

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
well basicly what you would would do is make a mount for the lower arm, cut the spring pocket off and weld in a mount for the top of the bag.

OR you can just get a Shockwave which is an air bag/shock combo and bolt that right into your shock mount.

BUT if you're 4wd it will be a little trickier. in that case you would need to run the bag off the upper control arm. at that point you might be getting in deeper than you want to.

and yea i don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to race w/ bags. it's just a 4 link with adjustable suspension

BombDocDiesel

Army Bomb Squad
May 20, 2009
Belcamp, MD
well basicly what you would would do is make a mount for the lower arm, cut the spring pocket off and weld in a mount for the top of the bag.

OR you can just get a Shockwave which is an air bag/shock combo and bolt that right into your shock mount.

BUT if you're 4wd it will be a little trickier. in that case you would need to run the bag off the upper control arm. at that point you might be getting in deeper than you want to.

and yea i don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to race w/ bags. it's just a 4 link with adjustable suspension

She's 2WD LD. I will look into the Shockwaves. Do you have a reliable source? The rear is getting the overload and one leaf pulled with Cal-Tracs and most likely 2" drop hangers.

Last edited:

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
started setting up the rear last night.

DSC_5951.jpg

DSC_5950.jpg

DSC_5949.jpg

Last edited:

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
14bolt ff. traded it for a seized turbo i had. :confused: i'm not looking forward to stripping it though.

on the bright side i just ordered all my fuel fittings, fuel cell, trans lines and trans cooler. so i should have that stuff on tuesday. next week is going to be a busy one. Just waiting for PureFlow to send me some parts and i'll be able to mount everything up.

i'm going to also start putting in some other tubing and gussets to strengthen the frame along with building a drive shaft tunnel.

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
yea i've seen quite a few for sale but they are pricey. but i guess spending $500 on a rear that isn't going to break is a drop in the bucket compared to the rest of the money we spend on these things.

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI
I found my Dodge 11.5" for my conversion on ebay. I got it for like $150 for somthing like that +$150 to freight it residential. If your really vague with your search titles like dodge ram axle or dodge axle, you'll find them on there cheap.

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
yes they are!

how bout this, i actually scored an awesome deal on a set back when i was first gonna bag my truck. i traded a pass side door and $200 bucks (the door i got for free) for a set of dual adjustable ones.

So over the weekend i had them in my bed (that had a huge hole in it from the suspension) and forgot about them, i jumped in the truck, drove down the road and lost one. i searched and searched and never found it. I did wind up selling the one for $150 though last year lol.

Last edited:

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
got more goodies in today. also got in some insulating mat for the firewall and trans hump.

DSC_5963.jpg

DSC_5964.jpg

DSC_5965.jpg

DSC_5966.jpg

DSC_5968.jpg

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
i actually haven't been to the shop in a week. i wanted to get the rear set in there first this way i can start running lines and stuff. i just need to finish welding the floor and i can start with the matting. I did however decide to tub the firewall w/ a 4" piece of pipe just incase i want to run a hoodstack, just need to make sure it wont hit the blower box lol. also i need to notch under the cowl so i'll be able to get to the valves w/o having to pull the damn cab off.

Thanks, they are made by BD.

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
almost got the floor done and i ran out of welding gas. decided to paint and mat what i had done. also decided i might as well tube the wiper cowl for when i'm gonna run a hood stack :) i also made up a control arm jig cause i think i'm gonna make some arms and see how they work.

DSC_6053.jpg

DSC_6002.jpg

DSC_6008.jpg

DSC_6048.jpg

DSC_6040.jpg

DSC_6028.jpg

DSC_6042.jpg

DSC_6032.jpg

DSC_6031.jpg

DSC_6026.jpg

DSC_6043.jpg

DSC_6020.jpg