Range Selection Mode......Not Working (or inhibited?)

TheGryme

Nov 10, 2020
SoCal Mountains (Wrightwood)
Hi All,
A few weeks ago my truck started having the DTC U0101 Lost Communication With Transmission Control Module (TCM).
After a bunch of research and trouble shooting I decided the TCM needed replacing.
This did get rid of that DTC/ MIL.....mostly.
I noticed yesterday the the trucks Range Selection Mode is stuck or inhibited into 6 gear range only.
It stays like this and sometimes I will get a MIL.
Sometimes my Innova code reader reads a U0101 (again) and sometimes a rear wheel speed sensor error.
Also, I am getting a Low System Voltage message in the stored errors.....BTW, the truck has new batteries.
Oh yeah, sometimes the Range Selection Mode works fine.....I'll park the truck and when I return, it's stuck in range 6 again...crap!
Has anyone experienced this type of issue?
This is getting old....I really thought I had this beat.
Any help will be appreciated!

TheGryme

Nov 10, 2020
I didn't find any bad wiring around the steering wheel.....dang it!
I've read that this could be a bad ground issue.
I found the ground up front near the front bumper/ grill area (that was fun) but I haven't located the ground that's supposed to be near the anti-lock brake controller under the driver's side of the truck.
Does anyone have a pic of this ground or location?
Thanks

TheGryme

Nov 10, 2020
More weirdness.......
Last night I got home with the usual CEL on. I cleared the U0101 codes and went in. It has been pretty cold here; 30s and 20s with some snow.
This morning I left for work, it was 31degrees outside. The transmission was working perfect. Range Selection Mode was working great. The Edge CTS2 was working great! At about 1/2 hour into my drive the Edge went blank and the Range mode was back to being in 6th. No CEL though. When I got to work, I shut it down and then restarted a minute or so later....CEL is back on.....U0101 code being thrown again. I think I may just be taking this to Mike's Shop.