Race Truck Battery/Batteries

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal

This is what I bought, a standard h6 battery which is stock for our trucks. If it would ld go.bad you could pick up another of the same batteries anywhere.

you can get like 5 AGM batteries for one of those 😱

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
you can get like 5 AGM batteries for one of those 😱

I agree but if you are trying to cut weight a 10lbs battery that can replace two 40-50lbs batteries can't be beat. I came across it for a good deal so what the hell I bought one.

It has certainly crossed my mind. The only downside I can think of is IF I have a failure I'll have to swap back in a normal lead acid battery at the track.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Does the class you are racing have weight restrictions?

i would base the option of batteries based on the class restriction of weight. you can use the battery weight to your advantage with placement or depending on the weight of the truck.

we purposly didnt put lithium batteries in the race cummins because we needed to stick to 6k weight and i wanted the weight at the ass end of the truck. also ended up adding balast just to make weight.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Does the class you are racing have weight restrictions?

i would base the option of batteries based on the class restriction of weight. you can use the battery weight to your advantage with placement or depending on the weight of the truck.

we purposly didnt put lithium batteries in the race cummins because we needed to stick to 6k weight and i wanted the weight at the ass end of the truck. also ended up adding balast just to make weight.

The goal is to run 5.90 so weight isn't much of an issue currently as ODSS does not have a minimum weight (according to the 2020 rules posted on their website). A the local track it doesn't seem to matter. I'm guessing the truck will be in the 5500-5600lb area with myself in it.