Quiet 4" exhaust

mtdirtbag

Apr 6, 2015
I'm looking for opinions on the Banks Monster exhaust. I just had my turbo reworked @ 104K along with installing my LBZ mouthpiece, Profab air cleaner kit, Profab egr delete pipe and downpipe. At present it looks like a good price on the Banks thru Camping World. I wear hearing aids so quiet is the order of the day as they just amplify sound! I'm still waiting to find out if this is turbo back or something else, but interested in other folks experience with the Banks system. If the system includes the front pipe I may order it and if it does not meet my needs for quiet I will purchase the FTE resonator to put in front of the muffler.

All comments would be appreciated.

TIA, Tom

BlkMax

Sep 1, 2008
Wasilla, AK
I have had 2-4" systems, the first was a Banks on an 03, the second was a Diamond Eye on an 04 LB7, both were downpipe back. I'm not sure how that would work with emissions deletes on the LLY.

Regardless of the emissions stuff, the Banks is a really nice quiet system. There is a premium, but it is WAY quieter than the DE, and does not drone (which I have had with the DE, with and without the resonance chamber at the front of the system). I've had the Banks since 2005, and it is still in really good shape with just a little surface corrosion on the 404 stainless (as Banks says will happen).

The Banks is on my CCLB, the other is on an ECSB, the length of the systems may have an effect on the droning I had on the DE, not really sure about that....

Hope this helps.

kheims

Oct 7, 2012
I have the banks dual exhaust with the muffler. It's quiet to me. Still can hear the rumble and the droan is not bad at all while towing.

Dec 8, 2011
Order mbrp straight pipe kit and then order and fte resonator and put it in place of the muffler delete pipe, it's super nice on my lbz, quiet when gentle and loud when ur on it. They reccomend you put it as far forward as possible, but I like it on my lbz the way I did it

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Diamond eye makes a 48" turbine core muffler that takes the 10-blade garret vgt turbine whistle right down to nil, and does not drone at all. I just put one on a Ford and loved the results. I also have a standard DE quiet tone on our LLY with twin tailpipes and a 10-blade turbine wheel and it is very mild-sounding in the cab, in my opinion

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I just took a banks cat back off a truck last week. I kept it and the cat in case I ever want a quiet truck. Which I love.

Very curious how much drone you can get out of an lbz with 5” without restricting flow enough to matter. My l5p has spoiled me on a quiet truck.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Can attest to this. My truck has a banks dual kit on it and it’s extremely silent till you get on it. Then a nice rumble. Anyone wanna buy it I’m not opposed to selling it. Or trade for a 5” with muffler