Q - Does EFILive support ECM output overrides like TechII?A - Yes.

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
OK so I am not so smart so I will ask, is this the term for eliminating unwanted/un-needed check engine lights and or DIC messages, IE "hood open"
I am going to have to program out a buttload of these out for my LMM/HMMWV conversion.

Also I just picked up a clean one owner 08 3500 SLT that the dealer removed the cold air intake and installed a complete new factory intake (SIGH) and it now has an intake heater code P154B, I have not checked, the tech may have shorted out the supply and blew the mega fuse or not connected something back up. but given the choice I would just program it out rather than do any extensive repair because an intake heater is about as useless as those beautiful heated leather seats in S TX!!.

Also it says in the FAQs that DSP5 is not available for the LMM, is this just outdated info, I have an LMM with DSP5, don't know who tuned it and with what but it is there. "

Q – Is DSP² and DSP5 available for my LBZ or LMM?
A -
No, currently DSP is only available for LB7 and LLY, however planning and development has started for LBZ and LMM.

OH great! my "new" SLT is sitting in the driveway and the damn thing locked itself with the keys in it, automatically locking when driving is one think this is plain stupid.

Last edited:

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
EFILive is probably not going to do what you want. many of those messages are likely through the BCM and not the ECM. intake heater and other "Pxxxx" codes can be turned off so you may get some headway there. for something like the hood, couldn't you just jump it out?

EFILive doesn't support the software version of the DSP5, or using the V2 to switch tunes. hardwired DSP5 is supported.

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
Thanks, I assume I have to use the BCM as I would LIKE to use the cluster, that will take quite a bit of jumpering, I assume the messages about ABS come from the TCM while the ones about trailer etc. come from the BCM

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
my "new" truck had the aluminum wheels snatched by presumably the dealer, I went through the "information" on the DIC and do not see anything about TPMS and assume they programmed it out at the dealer so other than making sure my wheels are equipped for TPMS how do I re-program the truck for TPMS?
Is this a BCM item???

Last edited:

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
Sorry 2008 GMC 3500HD SLT
It looks like the 3500 never had TPMS, sorry my bad, seem stupid as one would think having TPMS on a dually would be important considering it is harder to detect a low tire visually on the duals.

Last edited:

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
i think it may have been installed on the 1500, optional for 2500 or only available with certain packages, and not installed in the 3500 or DRW