Putting an 2008 Allison in a 2010 lmm

ScottGardner

Aug 2, 2020
Hi I was wondering if anybody has put a 2008 transmission in to a 2010 truck I know that the 2010 trucks use an a50 TCM but was wondering if I can ran an a 40 tcm with a 2008 with out any issues

$chultz38

Jan 22, 2009
Yep will work just fine. TCM has nothing too do with what you are doing. All 6 speeds 06 to 10 are the "same" or a 5 speed could be used with a few things swapped from you trans. I am saying you don't have to swap the TCM to run the 08 trans in the 10 truck.

Reactions: ScottGardner

ScottGardner

Aug 2, 2020
Yep will work just fine. TCM has nothing too do with what you are doing. All 6 speeds 06 to 10 are the "same" or a 5 speed could be used with a few things swapped from you trans. I am saying you don't have to swap the TCM to run the 08 trans in the 10 truck.
sweet the only reason I was going to run a a40 was because the truck I'm working on is an 08 with an 08 motor and trans but had a cab fire in the donor cab is a 2010 which I know the chassis harness and cab harness are a little different witch the donor cab came with the new chassis harness (witch cab harness and chassis harness are different from the 2008) and came with the matching ecm. Now I'm just hoping that the engine control harness and ECM TCM harness are the same

$chultz38

Jan 22, 2009
sweet the only reason I was going to run a a40 was because the truck I'm working on is an 08 with an 08 motor and trans but had a cab fire in the donor cab is a 2010 which I know the chassis harness and cab harness are a little different witch the donor cab came with the new chassis harness (witch cab harness and chassis harness are different from the 2008) and came with the matching ecm. Now I'm just hoping that the engine control harness and ECM TCM harness are the same

What you call engine control harness is that what's on the engine itself? If so that's the same. The ecm/tcm/trans harness is what I call truckside and I am almost positive that 08 09 10 is the same.

ScottGardner

Aug 2, 2020
What you call engine control harness is that what's on the engine itself? If so that's the same. The ecm/tcm/trans harness is what I call truckside and I am almost positive that 08 09 10 is the same.
That is so perfect to here glad someone knows these things pretty well I was getting a little scared for a second lol but yeah I figured the engine harness would be all the sensors on the engine itself and that TCM ECM harness is the harness that connects to the engine harness and the ECM TCM also the transmission and transfer case then figured the chassis harness was the one that goes back to all the trailer brake and light controls and that the body harness was everything that goes into the cab and controls all the instruments but those were just guesses LOL the only difference that I've seen so far is that the body harness and chassis harness have different connections than the 08 but my fingers are crossed that the rest of it is the same