Pro-Stock PCV Re-route

steakman

Diesel Nut...
Aug 31, 2009
Barrie, Ontario
I call it "pro stock" for a few reasons:

It was going to be very visible in the engine bay.
It made use of SSteel braided line and I've always liked that and considered its use "professional". Although not as visible as these, I used SStainless braided hose on my tranny lines as well.
It made use of AN fittings - Anodized Aluminum.
A number of the parts were Tig welded: The oil catch can as well as SSteel billet fittings to match the OEM holes in the valve covers.
This mod was fairly easy to install and relatively inexpensive for the quality of fittings/hose and other parts used. $ 249.00 CAD.

2057469560047245006S500x500Q85.jpg

2537816950047245006S500x500Q85.jpg

2436640690047245006S500x500Q85.jpg

2135184520047245006S500x500Q85.jpg

2215365970047245006S500x500Q85.jpg

Yea I am aware that there are going to be many that are going to say, well sheeit man, I can do that same mod for 2 bucks with 1/2" regular garden hose, a copper tee cut out from under the sink and a beer can..!

..yup, Absolutely - no question, & I have no argument with that and would never begrudge anyone for doing so with similar materials. You do what you need to do to your truck. & I'll do what I like to mine...as for me, I like the wow factor when I open up my engine bay - it looks Good..!! and I don't mind spending the dollar to get there.

My understanding is that this kit will fit any of the Duramax trucks..as well as other makes albeit with slightly different billet fittings. The Cap on the Mouthpiece (graciously donated..! - Thanx Andrew..!!), is believe it or not a throttle body clamp/butterfly from a Viper...fits like a charm.!

I bought this PCV Re-route From SPi of Oakville, Ontario.

cheers,

stk

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Very Nice. :thumb:
I wonder what those AN fittings are worth and if they are available seperate.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I like it

I would worrie about the braided line rubbing but it looks like its the softer braid

and keep a good eye on the filter for plugging

But it is a nice clean kit:thumb:

SPi

Sep 23, 2009
Steakman, we're glad you are so happy with our new reroute kit, thanks for the compliments and posting up some pics for the guys here on the forum. The maintenance is very little on this system, I suggest you open the drain every oil change, and the filter should go at least a year before needing a clean if it needs it at all, that is one of the benefits to running such a large filter on these kits.
These kits are also a direct fit for the LLY guys too. We are currently working on an LMM and LB7 kit but might need to reel in some test trucks before we start selling them. :thumb:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Personally i would like to see a open vent at the top of the cannister as a option JMHO

If you dont want to use the vent it could be plugged off....option to use it is up to the guy running this setup. Again JMO

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Talk about overkill. The PCV valves on top of the valve covers are one way, so I don't see the need for a filter. I'll stick to the 5/8 emissions hose and T-fitting, vented under the truck.

The filter is so the oil mist doesnt shoot out of the canister.

If you race this is actually a safety feature IMO
I blew my motor on the highway and shot oil all over the pavement doing 100+ mph.
In a 1/4 mile situation that canister and filter may be enough to stop you from loosing control or worse.

Just a thought:) Also not everyone has checkvalves, i pulled mine out on my race motor.

steakman

Diesel Nut...
Aug 31, 2009
Barrie, Ontario
someone said that diesel modding is more addictive than heroin...I am starting to agree...but what a blast. LOL jesus, I just spent 90 bucks and added a coolant bypass..was pretty simple and seemed to make sense at the time + i was bored ( & sure as hell didn't wanna do any household chores)..too cold to da anything else but drink scotch in the garage and fiddle with somethin.!

I may even take this rig to the track some day..just for shits n giggles after I get SPi to input a cpl of EFI Live based tunes. I would be happy to just keep it straight and not bounce all over the place..LOL!! but would be nice to get into the hi 13's.. ?? I'll never know if I dont go. This yr I think we got a GTG at Cayuga - south of Hamilton with all the Ontario nuts...should be fun.:)

Theo

Last edited:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Would someone who lives close to these guys like to grab me the fittings that come out of the valve covers and send them to me? I can send paypal, cheque, money order, whatever.....
Or know if they have a site I can buy the fittings that come out of the valve cover from?

I found an SPI in ontario that is a performance shop for vette's but didn't see anything about these on their site or anywhere to purchase online.