Pre Order HSP Billet Manifold and up-pipe Kit!

joe@HSPDIESEL

Jun 25, 2013
The results are in! We are very happy with the results from our new Billet manifolds and up-pipe kit. Here is a breif writeup of our results, and a few dyno graphs to help show where the manifolds really improve the trucks performance.

The complete Kit will include... both manifolds, 2'' stainless steel up-pipes, and a complete ARP bolt kit to replace your factory bolts.

We will be Taking pre orders for the manifold kits now, If we can get 10 sets pre-ordered there will be free shipping on the first run of kits.

the full setup will be $1650.00

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
Can you post the dyno number's ? It's really hard to read the numbers below the graph! Or maybe it's just me:confused:

Oh, and they look great!!!

joe@HSPDIESEL

Jun 25, 2013
Sorry about the small graphs guys! these should be better...

I also wanted to let everyone know, the manifolds Port match the gaskets perfectly. They will work great from stock heads all the way to the major ported heads. We have even port matched the new Brodix heads.

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Do these work with the stock gaskets? Are both manifolds drilled/tapped for EGT and drive press? What were the specs on the test truck? Thanks. :)

DaveB

Sep 6, 2009
Northeast Indiana
I used all of my stock gaskets. Each manifold has one 1/8" NPT drilled and tapped into them. More could be added and for guys using a data logger you could have a boss for each cylinder.

Here are the specs for the test truck: 07 LBZ, Danville Billet 4094, Exergy 45% Nozzles, Tuned by Mark at Danville, HSP Diesel Downpipe & 3" Y-Bridge, Banks Hotside Tube, Rail Shimmed, PCV Reroute, MBRP 4", S&B Intake, Airdog 2 165, Autometer Factory Match Boost/Pyro, Suncoast GMax 6-3/Precision ML built by Riley Gullett.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
dyno-sheet-1_zps85628a57.jpg

the big difference there from 1600-2000.. less fuel i would need to get up on top of the turbo while towing.. most likely my guess wouldnt do much for flat ground towing as it would in rolling hills with a heavy load. helpful enough to gain 1-2 mpg... at 25,000lb 6th gear is basically useless below 70mph in rolling hills for me right..

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
From the test Joe did thus truck should represent what mm most guys are running. It shows significant improvements in the most used areas. Should be a great product. I guess if the other manufactures of manifolds did the same test you would see how they stack up. With these being CNC cut they should have a advantage over cast manifolds.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk now Free

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
Do you have to run the hsp downpipe with these? I have just a standard aftermarket 3". I am wondering if these manis and up pipes are compatible with most aftermarket downpipes or if you will need the hsp DP.

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Wow these look fantastic how do you think they compare to Profab or PPE?
Will you be testing them against the Profab and how about coating options?
Manifolds and up pipes are mods on my list for the near future and I definitely like what I see here. I had been thinking about having a set of Profab cast manifolds extrude honed then sending them off to Jet Hot for coating but I think all your billet manifolds would need is a good heat barrier coating.

Last edited:

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
@56task-

I noticed in the sig of your intro thread that you're running an edge programmer.

I'd say that you could spend the money for manifolds and uppipes in better places right now...

I'd suggest a lift pump and EFI-Live to start.
Depending on how much power you're wanting, a built transmission should take precedence over manifolds and uppipes as well. Also, you'll want to do the pump rub upgrade in the transfer case sooner than later.

I'd even go as far as to say a turbo and injector upgrade would come before manifolds and uppipes, these diesels don't work like a gasser does, manifold upgrades aren't totally necessary to manage the power and heat like they are for a gas powered tire shredder.

You can fairly safely make about 550whp on the stock LBZ pistons, and at that point once you've got a built trans and you're pushing built engine territory, or building an engine, then you'll really start "needing" a set of manifolds and uppipes. However, there are a ton of guys not using them making lots of power. Take Hondarider552 for example, he made +1000whp on a set of stock manifolds and pipes before he blew out the bellows of an uppipe.

I'm not trying to dismay you from spending your money on mani/uppie's, they're cool and I got a set before I needed them, but take my experience as an example and hear me say they weren't worth the mint at the time and I could've used that coin for a better purpose at that time.

I do believe they make a difference, don't get me wrong. However it's not just the manifolds that make the difference. Diesels take more thought, more science and more thorough measures to make the system sing.

Really, the manifolds and uppipes drive the turbo, that's about it, sure they can help reduce EGT's, but good tuning with bigger injectors and a better turbo can also reduce EGT's. At the point your working at, putting a set of mani/uppipe on and taking drive pressure from the turbo might actually be a step backwards.

You really need to be using more fuel and expelling more gasses before you need manis/uppie's and then, technically you'll be pushing more air, so you'll want to address the charge air plumbing. Like the hot side, EGR system and cold side and the Y-bridge. I'd even say an upgraded intercooler might come before manifolds...

But really everything should be addressed and looked at as an entire system of parts working together to make a difference, rather than a part here or there.

You're in a good place friend, these guys will steer ya down the right path, it takes some time and understanding and as you've already figured out, a good deal of cash to get these pigs to move out, so spend it as wisely as possible:thumb::thumb:

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Thank you! I am after as much power as I can and will be stopping just short of a full engine build. I am looking to build a towing beast and want to be able to stay on the power without having to back out due to rising EGTs.
Yes lift pump is next on the list of mods then trans build and somewhere in the mix 4.56 gears as I run 37" tall tires.
Not in a big hurry to get rid of the edge yet still building a good platform for whoever I have tune the truck to work with. As you stated I am not doing any one thing I am building a package where all mods will work in harmony.
A good sale can also change the order of things to come. But the basic plan now is lift pump, drive train, move air (will be going 475 over stock a Banks cooler, manifolds and uppies).then back to the fuel with 40% injectors maybe duel CP-3s and tuning bring it all together. Caution I suffer from OCD, excessive compulsive behavior and being a Marine so this might get interesting:D

Last edited: