Prayers for all the family friends, members and workers in Florida

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
First off sorry if this is posted in the wrong section.

Just thought while I'm sitting in my hotel near Concord N.C. getting ready to head into Florida within the next day or so. That I just want to ask for everyone to keep all the families, members or workers heading into Florida in their prayers. Looks like Key West is really in trouble watching the weather channel right now..

God bless you Flordia, please look out and keep everyone safe.

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
How I feel, other Floridians may not share my humor
a47ee3d3a8c378d5a72b399910045057.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Personally.... I think the media sensationalizies anything to sell advertising. I'd bet this boosted gdp 10 to 20% this quarter in the entire southeast. Remember... Trump had zero chance and Hillary is our next president, trump will be thrown out for collusion? Weather is from same sources, anything to get your attention. The highest recorded sustained wind so far has been 107 not 185? I'm not downplaying the impact the keys will feel but I'm sick of the media coverage, they have overblown this storm so much it's ridiculous!

Columbus450

Aug 24, 2017
Louisiana
Yes I pray in the name of JESUS that no matter how big the storm is the people of Florida will keep their heads up high and know that their God is bigger than any problems they can encounter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Personally.... I think the media sensationalizies anything to sell advertising. I'd bet this boosted gdp 10 to 20% this quarter in the entire southeast. Remember... Trump had zero chance and Hillary is our next president, trump will be thrown out for collusion? Weather is from same sources, anything to get your attention. The highest recorded sustained wind so far has been 107 not 185? I'm not downplaying the impact the keys will feel but I'm sick of the media coverage, they have overblown this storm so much it's ridiculous!
Exactly how I feel. I'm about 50 miles in from the gulf coast and we've been told to prepare for 100mph sustained winds, higher gusts. I'll be shocked if we see 50 mph sustained. Ocala area has had a gas issue since Monday. Almost a week of frenzy.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Exactly how I feel. I'm about 50 miles in from the gulf coast and we've been told to prepare for 100mph sustained winds, higher gusts. I'll be shocked if we see 50 mph sustained. Ocala area has had a gas issue since Monday. Almost a week of frenzy.

It's actually blowing 63 mph in key west right now sustained... Not 155... I just checked the weather bouys. Overblown media bullshit is what this is, weather bouys don't lie to sell products...:thumb:

Remember, weather is a money maker, I'd bet the biggest advertisers for WC are Home Depot, Walmart, etc...

They evacuated Miami for 45 mph winds...

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I don't think is the news as much as the weathermen. They missed the mark with Harvey and don't want to do that again. So the news and government fallow suit. However projecting these storms is very complex and this storm has caused significant damage where it has made landfall.

I do agree dume and gloom is a money make for the news and fine it disgusting. Like the story line from Harvey about all races and ethnicities coming together for help. The only thing more disgusting then someone not helping someone because of their race. Is the media putting the story out there that made it sound like there was a chance that would widely be happening.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
What sucks is I was supposed to close on the house I'm selling last week. But the financing fell through. Now I have 2 places to worry about. That one is a .5 acre lot with 12 100yr oaks on it, 5 of which are close enough to demolish the house if one were to fall. This has also been one of the wettest summer's we've had in a few years too. So saturated ground with another 10-15" rain, big oaks and even a little wind are not a good combo for that place. Anyone know if a house can be "totalled" like a vehicle?

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
What sucks is I was supposed to close on the house I'm selling last week. But the financing fell through. Now I have 2 places to worry about. That one is a .5 acre lot with 12 100yr oaks on it, 5 of which are close enough to demolish the house if one were to fall. This has also been one of the wettest summer's we've had in a few years too. So saturated ground with another 10-15" rain, big oaks and even a little wind are not a good combo for that place. Anyone know if a house can be "totalled" like a vehicle?

I'd say it can if it burns to the ground.. hmmm

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
Friend at the emergency response center got a call in for mortuary team to be dispatched to the keys...
High probability that anyone who stayed is no more :(
As for the media yes they are definitely over exaggerating the situation which makes us who are prepared almost calloused to the storm but ultimately it's in God's hands
Prepare for the worst!
Pray for the best!
As for me I'm having a party with all our friends who are seeking shelter with us. Gator frog legs and ribs lol :thumb:

Kevinbo6gt

Jul 23, 2009
Hambone Where are you in florida?

Im in Palm city and still have power. Wind has started to make my fences lean and screwed my fence gate. Pool enclosure is still there for the time being:woott:

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Friend at the emergency response center got a call in for mortuary team to be dispatched to the keys...
High probability that anyone who stayed is no more :(
As for the media yes they are definitely over exaggerating the situation which makes us who are prepared almost calloused to the storm but ultimately it's in God's hands
Prepare for the worst!
Pray for the best!
As for me I'm having a party with all our friends who are seeking shelter with us. Gator frog legs and ribs lol :thumb:
Bosses 88 yr old uncle was staying in Key West last I'd heard. Said he'd had a good run and if a hurricane is what took him out it was just his time to go. True Florida born there.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
How is everyone doing over there? Looks like y'all wounded the hurricane little bit by shooting at it since it veered off to the west of the state. I didn't see much I've the coverage other then it looked like a lot of wind, some rain, couple looters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
My friends in Key West report minimal damage. Small stuff broken and battered but seems they made out ok. East of them might be worse though...