PPE Up-pipes and manifolds

shakenfake

Moron
Sep 15, 2022
Shlumpt, TX
I'm building a coffee table and I have a few questions about the up pipes and manifolds, can't find a PPE contact number.

If I decide later on to switch to the PPE manifolds as well will the replacement high flow up-pipes bolt right up? I believe the answer is yes but I am just making sure. In case I find the stock manifolds unable to tie the room together.
The up-pipes I believe will look quite good and provide nice symmetry to the LBZ engine, it is only $60 more to do high flow up pipes rather than just an LB7 up pipe. I feel like it is worth the $60 just to go with the high flow up-pipes.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Will you ever really need the manifolds? If not, just buy the stock-fitting up pipes.

shakenfake

Moron
Sep 15, 2022
Shlumpt, TX
^^^ This

@1FastBrick I looked all over that site, well within 5 minutes at work :rolleyes:, cut me some slack jack!

@TheBac No I do not think I will ever need the manifolds. I was just curious. I figured for $60 more I could get something better than just the LB7 up pipe since it seems like up pipes are a pretty good bang for the buck mod, especially while I am in there.

Thanks for the help guys.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
You cannot add the manifolds later from PPE as the cast aftermarket manifolds do not use OEM placement. HSP and WCFab manifolds do use OEM placements.

If you're not going to ever go above 800 area then skip manifolds.

Reactions: shakenfake

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
You cannot add the manifolds later from PPE as the cast aftermarket manifolds do not use OEM placement. HSP and WCFab manifolds do use OEM placements.

If you're not going to ever go above 800 area then skip manifolds.
What about an updated LML Driver side manifold? GM# 12637647

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
I usually do them on trucks that we do HGs on or have the manifolds off BUT I don't think it's a "must have" item where I'd go pull my manifold off for it.
I don't think I would do just a manifold alone but if some one were already in there say replacing a turbo and or replacing the up pipe's would it be beneficial? Doesn't it offer a slight advantage over the original design?

Reactions: Bdsankey

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I don't think I would do just a manifold alone but if some one were already in there say replacing a turbo and or replacing the up pipe's would it be beneficial? Doesn't it offer a slight advantage over the original design?
If someone's got the manifold off then yes, I think it's a nice piece that's not super expensive. I usually use the XDP kit as it's cheaper than GM for the same part essentially.

Reactions: 1FastBrick

shakenfake

Moron
Sep 15, 2022
Shlumpt, TX
Yeah I am hopefully going to have my up pipes out and turbo pulled by the end of the year. At least that is my goal. Just depends on which other vehicle decides they want my attention first.

@1FastBrick Another benefit to pulling the manifold and swapping is you can have a hole tapped and ready to go for an EGT sensor :)
I'm too chicken to drill into something that is on the engine and could suck up my metal shavings.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Yeah I am hopefully going to have my up pipes out and turbo pulled by the end of the year. At least that is my goal. Just depends on which other vehicle decides they want my attention first.

@1FastBrick Another benefit to pulling the manifold and swapping is you can have a hole tapped and ready to go for an EGT sensor :)
I'm too chicken to drill into something that is on the engine and could suck up my metal shavings.
I wanted to do an LBZ swap on my LLY... Decided while it out, let's reseal it so it doesn't leak or have any problems.... maybe a few upgrades along the way. It is continually snow balling.... The more I look at the crank pin I am thinking I should pull it and key it now... I only got 1 head off and I am seeing something I don't like. So now it needs to be pressure checked...

I had to scrap the donor so I pulled everything I could. It's a shame no one wanted any of the sheetmetal or the floor mats...

• Haha
Reactions: shakenfake

shakenfake

Moron
Sep 15, 2022
Shlumpt, TX
FLOOR MATS!!?!?!?!?!
I almost picked up a nice donor for some parts today but got outbid unfortunately.

I am very close to having my car streetable again so that should free up the shop bay for one of my trucks. Just need to decide which...

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
FLOOR MATS!!?!?!?!?!
I almost picked up a nice donor for some parts today but got outbid unfortunately.

I am very close to having my car streetable again so that should free up the shop bay for one of my trucks. Just need to decide which...
You want the floor mats?