PPE stage V

08lmm72mm

May 13, 2019
Saskatchewan, Canada
Hey guys, I have a PPE stage V trans in my truck from 2012. I will be installing a Limitless 1078 torque converter next week into it and I ordered a RT-A01-PR spring kit with Mike L trim springs aswell. Now my question is do I need to order a transgo jr kit for the trim springs or did PPE already have the valves that are needed In the trans? Just pull the valves and put Mike's trim springs in place?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
i would highly suggest finding your issue with the trans first before you go throwing parts at it hoping to fix it...

you could trash a brand new converter if the clutches are coming apart

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
You are running Alto red clutches with a stock PR spring and transgo shift kit. Clutches are probably glazed by now. Install the PR spring without the shim. Install my trim springs and call it a day. Hopefully the C3/C4 pistons will hold up.

08lmm72mm

May 13, 2019
Saskatchewan, Canada
No issues with the trans going on. I got the new converter to suit my turbo better with the higher stall and better coupling, and the 1-2 flair I was have was from switching tunes and not letting the trans relearn. It's working perfect right now just want increase the line pressure since its low (255psi) from PPE and clean up with shifts with Mike's springs while it's out.