PPE ported fuel fitting vs stock Pics.

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
Which one are u guys replacing the pass side or the drivers side or both?? I got one of these with my ats dual cp3's but didnt install it. But i noticed on my spare engine that both are small like that?

I would think the one that feeds both rails, meaning the fitting closest to the cp3?

duramaxin14

Just Keeping Up
May 25, 2007
Wauchula fl
Mine is also drilled sense 05 with no problem. Mine is drilled a little more then .90 though. Passanger and drive side is both done on mine

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Ya I know Ted. It sucks!! Who do those engineers think they are anyhow!!:D

beach_33

Feb 18, 2008
des moines, IA
so is this something that needs to be done with a lift pump. i mean how big of a gain are we talking about. and why would you only do one side

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
on the lly/lbz/lmm one fuel rail is the main fuel feed and the other rail is drawn off the first one. Buy porting the fitting you allow more fuel to Both rails...

Dan

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
PM Mike if he doesnt find this and answer, I believe he was playing around with his fuel rail and cp3 as recently as yesterday, I bet he can give you all kinds of info on it.

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
What about the LB7 does this work the same way or do i need 2 fittings for a LB7?

Jared

Two lly ported ( drilled ) fittings would be better than the stock rail to pipe adapters. According to Simon, which I know now to be correct, the hole is very small on each fitting to each rail on the LB7. I have taken my rail apart to give Simon the size I currently run. He has the drill size, I don't cuz I'm at work. Just drill your two fittings, way faster. My hole size, if memory serves me, is .140 or so.

My rail fittings had to be changed before I bought the truck, this is the only conclusion I can draw. I have not changed them.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
driver side is .90 from PPE im drilling the pass side one to .60 as to what Dan said would be as big as he would drill that side.

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
driver side is .90 from PPE im drilling the pass side one to .60 as to what Dan said would be as big as he would drill that side.

You wouldn't happen to know why he gave these numbers would you? I've been running these sizes for probably a year and a half with no problems. I only removed to gauge them for size. Just wondering. Thanks

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
You wouldn't happen to know why he gave these numbers would you? I've been running these sizes for probably a year and a half with no problems. I only removed to gauge them for size. Just wondering. Thanks

I think with the LB7 it would not count, Im meaning the LLY,LBZ,LMM, on the LB7 the sell new rails from ppe that are ported all the way thru the rails. He told me not to drill the pass side to .90 just to .60 so that the driver side rail can still hold and not drain to fast to the pass side rail.

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
ok if the fitting isnt the restriction then im guessing the FPRV is going to be the restriction?

Jared

The FPRV is a pop off valve and doesn't have flow through it until hits the " pop off point ". I would treat this valve the same as the valves on the lly, shim it. My valve has a .125 copper slug or plug between the distribution block and the FPRV it's self. I don't think this is a good idea, but well I was able to run it for 1 and half years as well. I didn't know this was installed but have since removed the plug and shimmed the valve instead.

I still fully believe the major restrictions to be the rail fittings and the FCA on the CP3. But that's just my opinion.

Last edited:

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
I think with the LB7 it would not count, Im meaning the LLY,LBZ,LMM, on the LB7 the sell new rails from ppe that are ported all the way thru the rails. He told me not to drill the pass side to .90 just to .60 so that the driver side rail can still hold and not drain to fast to the pass side rail.

I see thanks, I guess maybe I should install another pressure sensor and see if I have an unbalance between the rails.