PPE Lift pump

scesfiremedic

Oct 15, 2013
Diesel performance shop recommended this pump and installed it a year ago.

I’ve never heard a noise from it. Is this normal as I’ve read a variety of posts talking about lift pump noise.

I’m also having P0087 (low fuel rail pressure) issues only when towing a 28’ 9900 lb GVW fifth wheel (only throws the code under heavy load towing up hills in heavy tow tune 50 hp)

I have PPE race valve, egr delete, PVC reroute, Stealth 64 turbo, stock injectors, EFI Live (Idaho Rob), MBRP 4” exhaust, turbo down pipe, Nictane Cat filter, S&B CAI, Edge Insight CTS2.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Sounds like they didnt install it correctly. I've had a PPE pump for 11+ years. I've replaced the motor on the pump 2 times. It's very loud. You should be able to hear it.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
it should run with the key in the run position without turning the engine over...

I installed one for a guy a few years ago, and they sent two relays and a wiring diagram so that you can built a latching relay setup that is activated with the starter and disengages when the key is turned off.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I installed one for a guy a few years ago, and they sent two relays and a wiring diagram so that you can built a latching relay setup that is activated with the starter and disengages when the key is turned off.

Interesting I obviously have a very old setup as I was only supplied a pump. No wiring harness to speak of