PPE Hot +2 ET

duramaximizer

#1 Abuse Enabler ;)
May 4, 2008
Edgerton, Ohio
I have the newest PPE Hot +2 ET LMM version but not the most recent software. Anyway I loaned it to a friend. He tried to pull it this last weekend on level 8 and it defueled bad. Not sure what level to run on the tuner and if defuel should be shut off for pulling. It's an 05 CCLB LLY (stock with holly lift pump PPE race valve tierod sleeves). Any help making this run correctly would be great. I haven't messed with hand helds since 2005 and only got this as a fix when I had troubles with EFI Live and the 8594os update came out on a LMM. :eek:

Otherwise, I know nothing about this programmer or it's capabilties. It seems to have a crap load of on/off options I never have seen on a hand held.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
It will not matter were you have it set. The trans will feel like that because it can not handle that much extra power. You wont be able to use the 60 hp tune if it makes it the 300'

duramaximizer

#1 Abuse Enabler ;)
May 4, 2008
Edgerton, Ohio
Dude it's going to be in 4low. It should hold fine. I just want to know what level to run the tune on so it wont drain the fuel rail. I thought maybe Dan would chime in. It says it make an addition 300+hp at the flywheel with supporting mods. I was just wondering what supporting mods are necessary to run 9 and 10. or how high I can push it.

It wasn't a feeling. It was a defuel I thought if you set it on 8 by that point defuel would be most gone. Not sure why anyone cranking it up to level 8 would want tons of defuel its not like you are trying to save that trans at that point. In 4 low it won't matter anyway.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Dude it's going to be in 4low. It should hold fine. I just want to know what level to run the tune on so it wont drain the fuel rail. I thought maybe Dan would chime in. It says it make an addition 300+hp at the flywheel with supporting mods. I was just wondering what supporting mods are necessary to run 9 and 10. or how high I can push it.

It wasn't a feeling. It was a defuel I thought if you set it on 8 by that point defuel would be most gone. Not sure why anyone cranking it up to level 8 would want tons of defuel its not like you are trying to save that trans at that point. In 4 low it won't matter anyway.

If you want to support level 9 and 10. You will need twin cp3's a lift pump and the basic supporting mods of a built trans.

Try backing it down to level 6 and see how it runs. Dont get your ass up in the air when i'm pointing out what can cause this to happen the more slip the ecm and tcm seeing it will pull fuel and have a defuel filling.In 4 low he should fill the converter shutter when its had enough. But in the case at point you just can not throw the tuner on there and crank it to the high levels and expect it to act right.

Last edited: