Info: PPE Boots Installed

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Put the PPE intercooler boots on the stock hot side pipe, the straight one off the stock turbo and the angled one down by the intercooler.

Wow, these are amazing quality and fit like a glove! I will be getting the cold side boot soon after seeing these.

Anyone thinking about upgrading to these, don't hesitate. Well worth the coin.

I had the Banks hot side pipe and the AFE with the straight boot, needless to say, these will be going up for sale soon.

Thanks Dan for the help and good deal/ quick shipping on the boots.

wsmithduramax

<--- Home Made!
May 4, 2009
Windsor, CO
I installed these a couple months go and must agree that they are as nice as everyone says they are. Very clean looking and great fit :thumb:

07bluelbz

Work Hard & Play Harder
Sep 6, 2009
Beaumont,Texas
Hey Kyle, Do you think the AFE hot side pipe is worth the money? I have the Alligator 3" on mine and it uses the stock lower boot. Aside from an annoying whistle, i'm not sure it helped anything.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Hey Kyle, Do you think the AFE hot side pipe is worth the money? I have the Alligator 3" on mine and it uses the stock lower boot. Aside from an annoying whistle, i'm not sure it helped anything.

Honestly not sure. I was making 65#'s of boost, and was having trouble with it pushing the tube out of the boots. I am debating on putting the banks tube back on and use the PPE lower boot on it. Gonna see how going back to stock size pipe feels. If I cant tell a difference, I will just stick with the stock tube. I put a 3" tube when the truck had 600miles on it, so i never really knew how the stock one performed.

On a side note, funk was running a stock hotside pipe the entire time he has had the 475 on it. He went 6.90's, so I don't think they flow all that bad.

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
The PPE boots are nice but man do they suck to install when they're cold.
Put them in some hot water or use a hair dryer to soften them up. You'll save a lot of time and cussing. :)

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
^^^^ I'm with him 100% Pain in the rear when they are cold! If I was all of you I'd make everything v-band and never worry again