Power Mirror going haywire?

wydopenLb7

Mar 10, 2023
California
Had my drivers window switch stop working so I replaced the switch assembly which includes the power window button (mirror tilt not extend). Shortly after whenever you turn the key the drivers mirror will start moving by itself. Usually if you push the mirror adjust button it will stop but occasionally the mirror adjust button for that mirror doesn't work at all. If you turn the key with the door open and then turn it off the mirror adjust motor will just stay running, you have to shut the door and turn the key on and off again to get it to stop. My DIC decides to work randomly and when it does I confirm "curb view assist" is turned off.

I've checked the wiring and plugs in the door and have had it apart several times since and it continues to happen. Not the end of the world but it's mildly annoying especially since I have to back out of a long driveway every morning. Not sure if anyone has had something similar happen and if so were you able to fix it?

Thanks

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
On my LB7 I had some pins back out on the large bale connector that made the power seat do similar things. Maybe check that

Reactions: wydopenLb7

wydopenLb7

Mar 10, 2023
California
Are the mirrors original or aftermarket?
Oem tow mirrors. I don’t think I saved my old switch to test and it was expensive enough I don’t want to buy another if I don’t have to. As far as I recall it didn’t start happening immediately after changing the switch but shortly after.

BrandonLLY

Apr 23, 2014
I just put a new master window switch in my truck a couple weeks ago. I think it had gotten some moisture in it and my driver side window stopped rolling down. The switch I bought came with a lifetime warranty so if it happens again I just take it in and get a new one. I think there was a gap between the mirror gasket and my door which allowed a little water to come down into the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: wydopenLb7