Phuk ups !!!!!

moneypitt

MFNG
Jan 1, 2014
WA
Wow that sucks, I was going to offer to have it shipped to me and meet at the border. I am about 60 miles south but way on the other side of the country. Best bet if you can't get it sorted out would be refuse shipment, then I would try and find someone to help you out close to the border. At least that way you are just looking at duty on it. Anyway good luck it sounds like you could use some.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I never use UPS/FedEx to ship orders to my international customers. Way too expensive.

Ive had several customers in Australia specify UPS though, and it was almost $200 compared to ~$35 or so to ship small parcels USPS to Australia (or Canada, etc)

andy-stevenson

Jul 7, 2013
I live near you, Purolator told me not to use UPS for this reason. Purolator delivers for UPS up here and the lady told me either use Purolator or USPS. I've found out it's roughly 50% of the cost of the purchase thrown on top. Even buying parts from RockAuto they ship with FedEx and I've never had to pay anything additional.

C-DUB

Jun 26, 2013
BC Canada
Agreed, never use UPS for international shipments.

USPS if possible.

I paid $45 in fees to UPS for a $30 Boat Trim Gauge. Hard sometimes because a lot of the places online seem to only have UPS as a shipping option.

For anything big now I ship inside the states to a PO BOX, and bring it across myself. (mind you I am only 10 min from border)

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
So the wife called UPS today and it seems my order came in 3 boxes but with the same order and tracking #.UPS treated each box as a different order so they could triple charge us.They said they will look into it and will call right back,of course no call came,Let the games begin!!!Are there any part sources in Canada?

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
Forgot to mension,the wife called Ups and let loose so they dropped $600.00 off the price,they charged $300.00 per box and 1 contained a $25.00 book and some small springs.They are robbing people left,right and center and I would almost call it extorsion,jmo!

May 8, 2011
Ups will do that I'm just east of peterborough an have guy that look after all of our shipping cross borders. fees should be only gst plus what ever they charge u to do the paper work at the border

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk