Phuk ups !!!!!

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
I have been dreaming about a built trans for a looong time so I decided it's time,would have loved to get a sc stage 5 but 2 kids and life said no so I decided to give revmax a call.From what I have heard their stuff isn't bad so I ordered a gpz kit with all the trimmings,so the wait began,trans on stand,checking for email saying its here and today it came,I was at work so the wife met the delivery guy at the door.She was excited it came to cuz she's sick of hearing about it.She was expecting 3 boxes but all she got was a piece of paper that said(brokerage fee of $900.00 for an item totaling $1400.00:eek:.WTF!!! Is this normal?

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Are you in canada?

When I sold my Danville 72, a Canadian member bought it and I told him straight up he was responsible for any duty, taxes and brokerage fees. He agreed.

Fed ex had no idea how much the fees would be so I can't comment on if it's normal.

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
Im in Canada and yes,i have to pay $900.00 COD to get my parts.I have bought lots of shit and never have I had this happen.or even heard of it.

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
It's not the government,solely the UPS vultures and I heard it's illegal for them to force you to pay with out giving the option of paying directly to Canadian border agency,anthing under $1600.00 can be cleared at any office(CBSA)not point of entry,What they are doing is wrong and we were given no option.NO PAY,NO PARTS.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Nice try. :rolleyes: UPS doesnt keep that money, it has to be forwarded to your Government. I would be asking the same question, "Why the hell are the duties/fees that high to start with?" Something isn't right.

[email protected]

Jan 6, 2014
Brokerage is payed to UPS to compensate them for clearing your shipment through Canada Customs. Duty would be paid to the government. You just got raped by UPS. That is why USPS is a better option in the game of shipping roulette.

Bastards!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
We were told by the purilator driver it is not the border that charges this.It IS UPS,Maybee we were misinformed but neverless $900.00 fee on top?You work for UPS right?ever heard of this?

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
We were told by the purilator driver it is not the border that charges this.It IS UPS,Maybee we were misinformed but neverless $900.00 fee on top?You work for UPS right?ever heard of this?

I have NEVER heard of any fee being that high. Ever. Not even when we hear the horror stories from other centers....

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Someone somewhere has done something wrong. Maybe someone inputted the wrong value for the shipment for calcualting fees (like adding an extra zero)?

You've got two more delivery attempts, so I would call the shipper tomorrow and explain whats going on, and tell them you're going to have to refuse the shipment based on price.

Anyway, sorry to hear.

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
Someone somewhere has done something wrong. Maybe someone inputted the wrong value for the shipment for calcualting fees (like adding an extra zero)?

You've got two more delivery attempts, so I would call the shipper tomorrow and explain whats going on, and tell them you're going to have to refuse the shipment based on price.

Anyway, sorry to hear.

Thanks,Il call the shipper tomorrow and try to figure this mess out,prod a simple mistake somewere.

workin' diesel

factory tuned
Nov 13, 2010
Coalhust, AB Canada
I have relation in the Canada. Some of them own businesses. They rent storage at the border and ship it there. If you know someone with who has border storage then you could ship it there. Granted they only live an hour from the border, so that could play in.

firefighter13

I'm Batman!
Feb 3, 2010
Kamloops, BC, Canada
I too have been raped by UPS and Fed Ex by their stupid "brokerage fee" as they call it. It IS the shipping company that charges this and keeps the proceeds, the taxes and duties are separate. I ordered $36 of parts from OPG for my Chevelle and the brokerage fee was $80!:mad: Crooks! All for filling out a 2 second form! I since have switched to using USPS and there has never been another issue.