Pcv idea

Troysalm71

Feb 28, 2016
Bemidji, MN
Just had a quick question I have 3 inch y bridge an inter cooler piping on the way. The question with it since the factory turbo inlet also gets taken off. That's where the pcv is wondering if anyone had an idea they did was thinking a catch can if anyone has done that. Thanks guys.

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
I'm using 2 Moroso catch cans on mine. I did aftermarket valve covers that don't have the check valve the oem ones have. Wanted to make sure nothing made its way in.

Troysalm71

Feb 28, 2016
Bemidji, MN
Thanks ya got any pics correct me if I'm wrong an asking a dumb question I'm not around my truck but an lml just has the one port on the driver side so I'd only need a catch can with one port? The valve cover would have been nice idea I sold them to a member on here.

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
Here is a pic of mine, they are mounted to the frame behind the front tires. One on each side they have a filter on top of it. Sorry I don't have any up close.
picture.php

Troysalm71

Feb 28, 2016
Bemidji, MN
I can see it that's a good idea as it would all run down hill I might have to copy cat ya on that. As for getting one should I just get one with one port since it only comes off the driver side v cover? An is yours vented.

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
Yeah lmls only have the driver side as far as I know.. Mine is just a hose that's ran down and along frame for a little bit.. It has never dripped as far as I can tell..

I would think that your catch can would need to be vented though..

Troysalm71

Feb 28, 2016
Bemidji, MN
These are what I used http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mor-85500/overview/

No worries on copying, I got the idea from somewhere, Lol. Make sure your hose has an up hill flow before going down. With the valve covers I have I was losing a lot of oil due to coming straight down, since changing it I'm not loosing oil.

Thank you for the tip I'll kinda run it up under the windshield an then down if that works.

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
You don't have to take it that high.we came out of the fittings with a -12 an 90. I just went up to abt the top of the valve cover, abt a 45 deg, then when down from there. I'll see if I can find a pic of what we did.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
I just put the Vibrant Evac exhaust setup on mine. So nice not having to worry about those filters getting clogged up, no smell, no haze, and they draw a decent vacuum. Getting ready to rig a gauge up to see what crankcase pressure is with and without them.

Troysalm71

Feb 28, 2016
Bemidji, MN
I'll have to check those out I figured I'd just have to deal with it about the filter getting nasty. Guess I'll have to keep an eye on them. I liked motoparkxracers idea an they looked good but I'm always open to suggestions too.

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
I don't have any vac pressure, let us know what you come up with.

I just put the Vibrant Evac exhaust setup on mine. So nice not having to worry about those filters getting clogged up, no smell, no haze, and they draw a decent vacuum. Getting ready to rig a gauge up to see what crankcase pressure is with and without them.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
At idle you will not have any suction at the turbo mouthpiece where the PCV connects, rev it 2000 rpm and you do. The 6.2 6.5 guys on DieselPlace have a lot of good home made ideas just type in "A Better Oil Catch Can. Maybe?"

I've been using a home built catch can for several years as I wanted a positive draw from the crankcase which an atmospheric re-route vent does not provide....

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
I don't think he's talking abt sucking it back threw the turbo. I have a vac pump set up but I don't have the correct hose, they where collapsing on them selfs. Have a few things I need to get straight before putting it back on.

CentolaCCSB

It will probably break
Nov 2, 2015
Mass
At idle you will not have any suction at the turbo mouthpiece where the PCV connects, rev it 2000 rpm and you do. The 6.2 6.5 guys on DieselPlace have a lot of good home made ideas just type in "A Better Oil Catch Can. Maybe?"

I've been using a home built catch can for several years as I wanted a positive draw from the crankcase which an atmospheric re-route vent does not provide....

Dont mean to derail but is it necessary to have suction?