Payload of 2500 Silverado compared to Sierra

Larrymac

Jul 8, 2016
For overall driving I would prefer a 3/4 ton truck, but in towing a fifth wheel the more payload the better might be important. Is there any difference in comparable trims?
I guess I should ask the obvious as well.
Is driving quality equal? I will begin shopping soon, (plus test drives) but any info would help the starting point. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
They literally slap on a different looking front end the trucks are identical.

Let's start with what you want to tow or haul and use the truck for and that will determine what size truck and configuration you need.

ALLY Fox

Old Man Truck
Dec 14, 2010
Oregon 7S5
Best payload is gonna be a 2WD ZF6 regular cab work truck. Every option from that point eats into payload capacity. GMC and Chevy are identical except for some trim variations.

Larrymac

Jul 8, 2016
I know it seemed like an obvious answer but wanted to make sure.

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
Like stated, different trim levels will effect payload. So a work truck model will have more payload than a Denali. If you are planning on hauling a 5er a lot and its a big 1, I would go for a dually 3500. If you plan to DD the truck and not towing a huge ton but still a big 5er go with a single rear 3500.

Larrymac

Jul 8, 2016
Like stated, different trim levels will effect payload. So a work truck model will have more payload than a Denali. If you are planning on hauling a 5er a lot and its a big 1, I would go for a dually 3500. If you plan to DD the truck and not towing a huge ton but still a big 5er go with a single rear 3500.

13k Max weight