P2599 Code

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
I have a 2013 LML customers truck that will throw P2599 and put the truck in reduced power, he can clear it and keep going but it happens on a hill at the worst time. its only done it twice so far but I run into this with a truck here and there that I tune, the code says "Turbocharger boost performance High" any help on this subject would be appreciated

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
DTC P2599 - Turbocharger Boost Control Position Performance - High Position

testing procedure:

Circuit/System Verification

1. Ignition ON, observe the scan tool DTC information. Verify DTC P06D2, P168C, P168D or P2263, is not set.

2. Engine running, observe the scan tool TC Vane Position Sensor and the Desired TC Vane Position parameters. Command the TC vane position sensor in 5 % increments from 0-100 %. The parameters should remain within 2 % throughout the commanded range.

3. Engine running, observe the scan tool TC Vane Position Sensor and the Desired TC Vane Position parameters while slowly increasing the engine speed to 2,500 RPM and slowly returning to idle speed. The parameters should remain near or equal throughout the engine speed range.

4. Operate the vehicle within the Conditions for Running the DTC to verify the DTC does not reset. You may also operate the vehicle within the conditions that you observed from the Freeze Frame/Failure Records data.

Circuit/System Testing

1. Inspect the turbocharger for debris, sticking vanes, or damage. Refer to Turbocharger Cleaning and Inspection See: Engine > Overhaul > Turbocharger Cleaning and Inspection.

◊If a condition is found, clean or replace the turbocharger as necessary.

2. Inspect the Q41 turbocharger vane position control solenoid valve and B112 turbocharger Vane Position Sensor for damage or sticking.

◊If a condition is found, test or replace the affected component as necessary.

Component Testing

Turbocharger Vane Position Control Solenoid Valve

1. Ignition OFF, disconnect the harness connector at the Q41 turbocharger vane position control solenoid valve.

2. Measure the resistance across the Q41 turbocharger vane position control solenoid valve terminals. The resistance should be between 3-7 ohms.

◊If greater than the specified range, replace the Q41 turbocharger vane position control solenoid valve.

3. Test for infinite resistance between each Q41 turbocharger vane position control solenoid valve terminal and the solenoid valve housing.

◊If less than the specified range, replace the Q41 turbocharger vane position control solenoid valve.

4. Ignition OFF, remove the Q41 turbocharger vane position control solenoid valve.

5. Connect the Q41 turbocharger vane position control solenoid valve harness connector.

6. Ignition ON, command the TC Vane Pos. Cntrl. Solenoid ON. Depress and hold the CAM follower slightly at the tip of the TC solenoid valve while observing the slot closest to the CAM follower for the spool valve to move to the open position.

◊If the spool valve did not move to the open position, replace the Q41 turbocharger vane position control solenoid valve.

Turbocharger Vane Position Sensor

1. Remove the B112 turbocharger vane position sensor.

2. Connect the B112 turbocharger vane position sensor harness connector.

Note:
It is normal for the TC Vane Position Sensor voltage to quickly return to approximately 4.9 V as the plunger reaches its fully depressed position.

3. Ignition ON, observe the scan tool TC Vane Position Sensor voltage while slowly depressing the plunger at the end of the B112 turbocharger vane position sensor. The voltage should decrease smoothly from approximately 4.9-0.2 V.

◊If the TC Vane Position Sensor parameter drops out or spikes, replace the B112 turbocharger vane position sensor

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
I believe its my tuning also, Ive had a few trucks do this But I can never recreate the situation to see what it is doing.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Start by loging desired and actual boost. Then compare the two and see how far off they are. That will give you an idea where to look