P2152 after engine cleaning

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Looks like I pissed the old girl off. I had to fix some coolant leaks and I also pulled and cleaned the stack. Once I was all done, I gave the engine a much needed cleaning. I guess I must not have been careful enough with the water, because my next drive out I got a P2152. FFWD a few days - now I'm getting it much worse.

I had a P21xx code 5 years ago in I think the 2/7 circuit and I bought pigtails for both and it fixed it. Is that the usual culprit here and I should get two more pig tails to cut/install?

I appreciate some advice to help me fix this quickly. Sucks.:eek:

Thanks!
Wally

Ron Nielson

Oct 11, 2009
Berryton, KS
Yep, you washed the truck's engine a little too good. Injectors 2 and 5 likely have a short or poor connection in the circuit. Could be that new pigtails will be just the ticket. Before you do that, you might try using some compressed air on those wires to see if you can dislodge some of that water that might still be in the circuits.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I’ve driven it a couple days and we’ve been in the 90’s - I hoped/thought it would be dry in there. I’ll have a look. Thanks

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
This is crazy. It was failing instantly on startup. Last startup indicated injector #2 also. Hmm ok. Changed the connector with a new one and pig tail. Still doing it. So I pulled the main multipin connector and ohmed out. All good. Plugged the main connector back together and started the truck. Measured voltage at the injector connector. 5v and bouncing like I’d expect back and forth as it switched. Plugged everything back together. Isles for 1/2hr and driving up and down the driveway and no failure. I don’t like magic fixes. Waiting for it to fail. Ugh.