P0716 and P0717

NickInMN

Aug 30, 2021
I have an LBZ/Allison swapped Hummer and I just got these two codes. I bought a new sensor and installed it, cleared the codes and it came back. I have swapped the turbine and input sensors, cleared the codes and the code came right back. Checking from the TCM connector I get about 2700 ohms on both the turbine and input sensor circuits. What else should I look for?

Edit: I just back probed the high pin for both the input and turbine speed sensors and both were about 2.5 volts.

Last edited:

NickInMN

Aug 30, 2021
I'll take a look at those, thanks!

Oddly enough, last night after posting I was fiddling around with the TCM connector, and then I cleared the codes while the truck was running and it hasn't come back since. I haven't driven it much though. I don't like that it magically fixed itself.

Ron Nielson

Oct 11, 2009
Berryton, KS
You possibly have a pin fitment issue at the TCM connector or even a broken wire in the harness. A least you know where the problem is and it's easy to 'fix'. Thanks for reporting

NickInMN

Aug 30, 2021
I ordered a new connector for the TCM so we'll see what happens. Hopefully I find something when I'm replacing that.