LBZ: P0405 EGR code won't go away

knagel

weakest link finder
Jun 4, 2007
Central, Iowa
I deleted the EGR on a 07 LBZ. Left stock intake grid heater on, just blocked each end of the cooler and EGR and removed. I turned off (X: Not Reported, No MIL) on everything to do with the EGR. Code P0405 still shows up when scanned but no check engine light. It does not seem to derate. There is a check engine light for a glow plug so I'm sure when the customer scans for the light they will still see a EGR code.

I know, fix the glow plug so light goes away and problem solved. But I really want to know why the P0405 code still shows when everything is shut off. I disabled the EGR, raised the temps on B1503 and B1504, along with shutting off all codes for EGR.

What am I missing?

Kevin

jedenbeck

Aug 11, 2015
As long as it Doesn’t set a cel dont worry about it imo. One of my previous tuners told me it was always going to be there. Never hurt anything but was there when pulled.

knagel

weakest link finder
Jun 4, 2007
Central, Iowa
It doesn't seem to derate or effect drivability. Just wanted it not there when scanned because the customer has a handheld scan tool and he didn't want the glow plug replaced so there is a check engine light on still. So I'm sure he will check it again sometime......

Wish when you shut off the code it would actually shut off scanning it. Don't know why EFI Live gives you the ability to shut stuff off but it won't work.

Kevin