oil cooler delete

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Simon, I am definitely doing a water pump cover and crossover tube delete similar to yours though, I hate the fact that my headers are so close to the crossover tube and oil cooler. what did you use for machined parts in your oil cooler delete to block the oil and water passages?
Well I had the front cover off at the time of rebuild and welded it closed
Last year I had the water pump just sealed off ( bulky )

I just made a plate that hooks to the rear adapter plate to attach my new coolant line

The oil is easy and I think Ppe still sells the plate that enables us to run hose off the in/out of the oil gallery

It's pretty straight forward :)

As for the check valve I'm just referring to that as the same reason some people would use one on oil lines for turbos so it doesn't drain back for start up, you would likely want this as you would loose a lot more volume thru larger lines and a cooler

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
Similar to Simon:

We made a block off plate where the factory water pump was. It's actually tapped for my turbo oil return. We used a plate on the rear cover that has a fitting tapped into it for the water hose from the electric pump. The factory oil cooler was cut in half so it is basically a flat plate that gets tapped for an-10 fittings. Then lines are run from there to a Holley disk oil filter mounted to the frame just below the drivers door.

Sorry I don't have pics here but see my old puller thread from a few years back.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Ed made a good point about the oil drain into where the WP was
I did the same thing:)

I used a oil filter housing from system one

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
Any pics?

Sorry Dave, I forgot.:hug:

The lines are zip tied out of the way while the engine was on a stand. I have a Holley (Oberg) filter mounted to the frame rail that the lines normally run to.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    697.5 KB · Views: 140
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    667.6 KB · Views: 140
  • front cover.jpg
    front cover.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 124

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
Sorry Dave, I forgot.:hug:

The lines are zip tied out of the way while the engine was on a stand. I have a Holley (Oberg) filter mounted to the frame rail that the lines normally run to.

Thanks for the pics it makes more sense to me now. Where does the coolant line go?

chrisgarcia800

Mar 25, 2011
On that oil cooler delete did you just tap thoes fittings into the old oil cooler half or did you have to modify the stock oil cooler to make that work?