Oil bypass question

MN2500HD

Dec 2, 2020
Is there any real benefit to doing a bypass filter system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kaylabryn

May 18, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Only if you plan to run extended drain intervals. By that I mean a whole routine of sending in samples to determine the intervals for your vehicle and driving habits. Some just do it for the extra peace of mind but I am not convinced it is needed for normal drain intervals since there are many trucks that have made it to 500k miles without the need of one. Mine has 315k and I do 7500 mile oil changes.

MN2500HD

Dec 2, 2020
Only if you plan to run extended drain intervals. By that I mean a whole routine of sending in samples to determine the intervals for your vehicle and driving habits. Some just do it for the extra peace of mind but I am not convinced it is needed for normal drain intervals since there are many trucks that have made it to 500k miles without the need of one. Mine has 315k and I do 7500 mile oil changes.

Appreciate that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nate’s Dmax

Dec 11, 2020
I have the Amzoil system on my truck and love it. I do once a year oil change which is around 15k miles using Shaffers oil.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
No other then if it makes you feel better. The Dmax is extremely easy on oil. Might think about it if your putting 100k+ miles a year just to save down time by not changing the oil as often. Back up by Analysis I was able to run dino oil 16,000 miles without issues.

Reactions: BoiseRob