notifications

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I seem to be unable to stop email notifications without also stopping all notifications like the notification bell. I'm trying to downsize my Gmail account as it is getting fat and I'm running low on space. I've deleted a few thousand emails today from here to help but would ultimately like to just receive notifications through the bell icon on the site without also receiving an email. is there a way to do this?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Since you made the change at 9:41 this morning, have you received more?

Emails and alerts are all separate in the system. The change you made is correct and should stop it but if not, look and see if what you are getting an email from is a “watched thread” you selected. You will have to go into each on of those and deselect the email option. That is not apart of the selection area you were at

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I received one email after turning off the notifications so it may have been one stuck in transit. but the bell didn't show any new notifications even though there where several threads that have new posts im them. having to modify each thread could be a chore

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I received one email after turning off the notifications so it may have been one stuck in transit. but the bell didn't show any new notifications even though there where several threads that have new posts im them. having to modify each thread could be a chore
Alright, gotta be clearer with me to help lol.

In the red, are these "watched threads" or just new post in a general thread you have not seen yet?

In green, you are talking about watched threads you clicked on, correct?

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
yes to being watched threads. even after refreshing it didn't show any bell notifications for those threads having new posts. but strangely, or maybe not? this thread this morning had a bell notification for your post. maybe it was just slow to implement on the server side. I'll post back here if it still doesn't seem right

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
yes to being watched threads. even after refreshing it didn't show any bell notifications for those threads having new posts. but strangely, or maybe not? this thread this morning had a bell notification for your post. maybe it was just slow to implement on the server side. I'll post back here if it still doesn't seem right
10-4

for you watched threads, go to the top of the forum and in the white tool bar is "watched". Click it, scroll to the bottom and near the right hand side under all the threads is "select all", click the radio box and then in the drop down list next to it, select "disable email notification". you will have to do this on each page or if you want to "select all" and then go to the next page and do the same, you can continue that all the way to the last page (think there is 12), then click "disable email notification". The site will keep all the threads selected as you move to the next page so you dont have to stay on each page to finish out what you want to do.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Once thats done, at the top on the first page of watched threads, click "manage watched threads" on the right hand side and hit "disable email notifications".

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
ok. I did as you said. my screen had 31 pages but I think I got them all. now we just wait and see. thanks again