No light under the hood, Why?

hdrolling

Freedom Defender
May 11, 2011
Fayetteville, NC
I've never owner a car or truck that didn't have a hood light, is mine suppose to or do none of the LMM's come with an under the hood light?

921500Z71

Apr 14, 2009
Kansas
No you shouldnt have one. Penny pinching measures I believe is the cause. Under hood lamps havent been around for a while now. You could always add one I suppose but I use a drop light.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I just ordered a Reel light like off the early 90s trucks and installed it. I'm sure one of our vendors can help you out.

hdrolling

Freedom Defender
May 11, 2011
Fayetteville, NC
The truck I traded was an 06 so it's been a while since Ive bought a newer truck, not having a light under the hood just caught me off gaurd. I carry a couple flash lights so Its not a big deal.Thanks for the input:thumb:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Unless your 06 truck was something other than GM, it didn't have one either unless you or someone else added it.

hdrolling

Freedom Defender
May 11, 2011
Fayetteville, NC
I thought about that while I was typing:roflmao:

It was a good truck and ran 12's in the quarter with the help of 125 shot of juice and a bunch of engine mods, not bad for a 4 door truck. But it was 2wd and had very poor MPG, sounded great but never trusted it to tow anything bigger than a motorcycle trailer.

I love the new towing power of my 2500 and the fact that I have 4x4 and can call it a truck. Just would have been nice if it had a light in the engine bay.:joker:

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
The light doesn't offer much help anyway well atleast the one in my truck doesn't. Also it works intermittently. Have to smack it to come on sometimes

turbostang7

Apr 11, 2011
Rexburg Id.
they did it because everyone knows that duramax engines do not break in inconvenient places, it always makes it to the best spot lol. mine doesn't work at all, don't know why has power, good ground, and a new bulb it flashed once and never even tried again but i'm not too worried about it.