no ally on stock tune from EFI

knagel

weakest link finder
Jun 4, 2007
Central, Iowa
I just got my EFI live from McRat Racing and I downloaded and sent my stock tune to Pat for him to work is magic on. When I started looking at my stock tune on the tuning tool I noticed there are no allison options or parameters, actually nothing to do with the tranny. Is there another procedure to get the ally stock tune or do I even need to worry about it. 2006 LBZ GMC. Also this has nothing to do with the tranny but......:confused: I was told that you could go to the dealership and they could remove the seat belt warning dinger info from the computer. Was told it was controlled by the computer no a module under the dash. If this is true, why can't I see this option to disable with EFI live?

tinman22

Feb 17, 2007
Stillwater NJ
I Havent actually done it myself yet. but when you go to read the pcm and it askes for which controller , the pull down menu should have allison 6 speed in it, select that then read the pcm. I would then assume to re program you would do the same... again, I have not actually done this, but I do see the allison 6 speed in my controller list

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
I just got my EFI live from McRat Racing and I downloaded and sent my stock tune to Pat for him to work is magic on. When I started looking at my stock tune on the tuning tool I noticed there are no allison options or parameters, actually nothing to do with the tranny. Is there another procedure to get the ally stock tune or do I even need to worry about it. 2006 LBZ GMC. Also this has nothing to do with the tranny but......:confused: I was told that you could go to the dealership and they could remove the seat belt warning dinger info from the computer. Was told it was controlled by the computer no a module under the dash. If this is true, why can't I see this option to disable with EFI live?

If you don't have the traction control coming on for the 1/2 shift. I wouldn't let the dealer do any updates. Because you will :(

knagel

weakest link finder
Jun 4, 2007
Central, Iowa
how do you know if you have traction controll coming on or not? Also how do you got the seat belt dinger off?????????

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
about the seatbelt ding, go to diesel place, go to the Do It Yourself forum and look for the Topic entitled seatbelt ding

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Yes, I don't have a clue seat belt chime. Aftermarket stereo took care of mine :D The only thing I don't like I have to pay attention to my DIC to make sure the hamsters have closed the doors :(