Question: Nitto G2 terra grappler issues

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
I put on some g2's on my 06 work truck that i gave to my dad several months back, i put about 5k miles on them, hes probably put 1500 or so on them. That truck has 365k miles and i never had any issues with vibration or adverse effects from the G2.

Well, i bought a boat in Mesa Arizona and decided to replace my wore out 35" toys with some 34" g2's. before i make the trip..ordered the tires friday, and last night ran across a ton of horror stories about vibration with the g2's on gm 3/4 and 1 ton trucks. I did read that it was maybe a bad production run bla bla bla...also ive heard nitto's customer service is shit..
any of you guys have any issues with these tires before i go down this road?

c5fourj

Occasionally moving quick
Dec 20, 2014
Brighton, CO
Literally never with me, my dad or his coworkers. We have about 5-6 sets between all of us. Sucks that that happened to you.

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
This happened to my buddy last year, he had horrible vibration and had hell balancing them before this happen. Two of them did this on his truck. Ruined both wheels. You couldn't give him a nitro tire now. My last set of the original terra grapplers were horrible. Won't go back or try the G2s for several reasons.

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
This happened to my buddy last year, he had horrible vibration and had hell balancing them before this happen. Two of them did this on his truck. Ruined both wheels. You couldn't give him a nitro tire now. My last set of the original terra grapplers were horrible. Won't go back or try the G2s for several reasons.

well f*** this is the same shit ive been reading about, maybe i need to cancel them...what year truck was his?

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
I just put a set on my f250. 295/60/20. No vibrations or crazy weight needed to balance them. My only complaint is they're louder than the original terra grapplers that I had on my lly. Not sure if it really is the tires or if it's just the ford is heavier and quieter so I just notice them more.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
96d8859dba91516e14e8c2499088fa32.jpg

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
well, discount said they would honor there 30 day guarantee if i wasnt 100% happy, they would get me in something else no questions asked. Guess hauling a x45 900 miles is one way to find out.

hrlyguy2

Dec 2, 2011
IL
Had issues with mine with vibration.Always rotated them.And balanced.Wander badly no matter what tire pressure.
Had a big chunk of tire come off .Defect and still had to pay for a new tire at discount tire
Not a fan of these tires at all especially towing

wilrob

Back in the Motherland
Sep 14, 2016
Dallas, TX
Wade I have about 5k on my set on my LMM since June(?) with zero issues. Personally know of about 4 other sets that have gone 50k miles a piece with no issues

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
Now I've heard nothing but good about the ridge grapplers plus in some sizes you can get them in a 12 ply which is awesome.

A. Stock Lbz

Aug 13, 2013
spokane wa
I had problems with the g2 also. Had bad vibrations that wouldn't balance out and eventually blew a sidewall at 5k miles on a set. I won't be purchasing nitto again.

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
this is the problem, i dont know if if they are made in different places or what...i read several threads on DF and DP about guys that absolutely could not lose the vibration no matter the pressure or rotation (not sure that matters) then other guys like on here have zero issues at all, along with guys who swear to never touch them again..from what i can gather, its mostly on e rated 10 ply tires. Maybe its a production run, or facility or who knows...What a crap shoot

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
The toyo at2 is an good tire, wears like iron, and balances well, but are flat out sketchy on wet roads. We recently went to the falken at3w and they've impressed me on wear, not to mention they are 10 times better on wet roads and snow. I'd put them right above the hankook dyna pro for wet traction.

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
The toyo at2 is an good tire, wears like iron, and balances well, but are flat out sketchy on wet roads. We recently went to the falken at3w and they've impressed me on wear, not to mention they are 10 times better on wet roads and snow. I'd put them right above the hankook dyna pro for wet traction.

Looked up that wildpeak at3w....first time I've seen that tire, might give that a shot if these are an issue..being in Colorado we see a ton of wet roads all winter. The reviews are pretty solid..thanks for that

akdmaxx

Jul 12, 2015
I have a set of 35” ridge grapplers on mine 2500hd. Love them. They are quiet and was impressed with how they did on the slick roads last winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk