nitrous issue

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Buddy of mine helped me install my nitrous system on the truck, used a Zex kit, with the programmable "brain" for TPS activation. Problem is... the solenoid energizes 100times a minute as soon as I arm the master switch..

background:

Installed the kit per the directions.

Attached the white wire from the zex brain box, to the light blue wire on the throttle pedal in the truck. Attached all power, gorund, key 12v and master wires correctly.

Turned ignition on, engine off. Armed the nitrous. went WOT slowly, as soon as I hit WOT, solenoid engaged. Did this 8-10 times. Turned off system.

20 minutes pass, retry nitrous system. again, turn ignition on, engine off, as soon as I armed the master switch, the solenoid went bananas... with zero throttle input.

Zex customer support brought up the duramax throttle pedal specs and said the 4 wires that run from the throttle pedal all merge into one... is this true? I thought they went straight to the C1/C2 connectors in the ECM but could be wrong.

The box has to see a pretty large voltage sweep, an di don't think the way the TPS is on the duramax is enough difference of power...

I planned on removing the whole zex kit and hooking the solenoid up via horn relay..

thoughts?

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
OMG

Your box is losing programming. You need a new one.
The throttle voltage is the same on all GM I believe. At least on Z06's and the Duramax are the same. Max volts are 6 on the dark blue wire.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I did. ZEX says to hook it up to the TPS wire... the dmax has like 4 of them with equal voltage split... so defuq...

:eek:

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Hardwired switch.

eleanor-go-baby-go.jpg

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Why not check the volts to each wire? Key to run > test each wire using a multimeter > press throttle with hand > tap into correct wire > problem solved

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
It might have been me that said light blue, that's where the lockup box taps into (light blue, pin C), which I think is what you asked.

I just run a manual switch so I can stay wot and control the spray better.

Kappa9012

MAN.... I Broke it again.
Aug 5, 2008
Peoria Il
i have this type of argument with two of my buddies, both of which are color blind. this feels really similar.