Nitrous Help.

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
I am thinking pretty seriously of installing a nitrous kit on my truck, but I have quite a few questions, as I know very little about it. First off, I would like to add around 100hp, and I am worried about Drive Pressures. What I was thinking of doing, would be a dual stage system, using two .35 jets. I was thinking (and correct me if I'm wrong...) that staging the hit may help the dp's to not spike as much. On the same subject of dp's, im worried about overspeeding my charger. It's a bd kit and the wastegate is set at 40lbs. With what I am looking for, what system would be the best bang for my buck, and would the staged jets lessen drive pressures as compared to one big hit? Thanks!!

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I am thinking pretty seriously of installing a nitrous kit on my truck, but I have quite a few questions, as I know very little about it. First off, I would like to add around 100hp, and I am worried about Drive Pressures. What I was thinking of doing, would be a dual stage system, using two .35 jets. I was thinking (and correct me if I'm wrong...) that staging the hit may help the dp's to not spike as much. On the same subject of dp's, im worried about overspeeding my charger. It's a bd kit and the wastegate is set at 40lbs. With what I am looking for, what system would be the best bang for my buck, and would the staged jets lessen drive pressures as compared to one big hit? Thanks!!

If you have a pure BD turbo I would stay away from the nitrous. I had bad luck with them over speeding on fuel.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Q's:
The BD turbo you are running, its a drop in replacement?
Are you running stock injectors?

Here's my understanding of it in a basic crude rundown for a single post.

N2o is like forcing oxygen into the chamber, so its benificial too have some extra fuel to utilize the oxygen, also when the nitrogen and oxygen separate and go from liquid to gas it gets really cold, so it helps to keep the egts in check during the spray time, ive read about guys having good success using two jets in the boost stream, some even pre intercooler?
No real black magic to it, just mixing fuels/keeping ratio's in check(fuel/spray/egt)

I suggest calling nitrous xpress or zex or some manufacturer and get the run down verbally:thumb:

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Q's:
The BD turbo you are running, its a drop in replacement?
Are you running stock injectors?

Here's my understanding of it in a basic crude rundown for a single post.

N2o is like forcing oxygen into the chamber, so its benificial too have some extra fuel to utilize the oxygen, also when the nitrogen and oxygen separate and go from liquid to gas it gets really cold, so it helps to keep the egts in check during the spray time, ive read about guys having good success using two jets in the boost stream, some even pre intercooler?
No real black magic to it, just mixing fuels/keeping ratio's in check(fuel/spray/egt)

I suggest calling nitrous xpress or zex or some manufacturer and get the run down verbally:thumb:

get a .125 solenoid and a .045 fogger jet. wire it up and see how it feels.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
If your worried about over speeding the charger set the wastegate lower to 35psi and spray a .088 jet.
I like zex.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I have a dual stage system on the van. I'm spraying a .051 and a .062 and, according to the HP calculators, I only gained 65 HP.

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
I have a dual stage system on the van. I'm spraying a .051 and a .062 and, according to the HP calculators, I only gained 65 HP.

Really... that's all? I thought a .75 shot was good for 100 horse if you have the fuel. I have 25 lpm injectors so I probably have enough fuel. I hold rail and haze slightly in the 1/4.

TwiztedMetal

Aug 7, 2012
Colorado

Why dont you ask D. I bet he could help you out with nitrous.

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
Why dont you ask D. I bet he could help you out with nitrous.

I've already talked with him about it. He said forget the no2 and twin it. :) I'm just to cheap to buy a charger right now. 500 bucks for a charger in a bottle sounds better than 3500 right now.

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
Nitrous will only gain as much power as fuel you have left over to burn... No matter what size jets you run, if there is no fuel left, there will be no power to be gained.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I don't have a ton of fuel left to burn but I think it would cool my egts a bit and I might be able to bump pw a bit higher on a track only tune
Edit: For my application water meth would probably work. I just don't know much about either.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Count me out of the chat. Just had an impulse buy and bought a snow stage 2 water meth kit. Figure I will use it more often than nitrous and get similar egt effects with a little less risk of windows in my block.