Nictane - Website not secure?

Lt. DMAX

Nov 4, 2016
Southern Tier of NY
Greetings,

Want to increase filtering capabilities. Living in NY where we use Salt on the roads, I want to steer clear of anything frame or fender well mounted. Was going to go with a Nictane adapter at the stock location and run the Donaldson with the added water separator bowl as well as get all the parts to rebuild the filter head.

I was about to make the purchase when I see the website is NOT SECURE. Not willing to risk yet another compromised credit card, I bailed. Is Nictane a safe site to purchase from? If I were to purchase another adapter, what vendor has a safe website AND a quality product?

Lt. DMAX

HWI

Feb 7, 2016
FL
Nictane is legit, but I wouldn't waste my money on that adapter, zero improvement over a stock replacement Racor or Baldwin filter.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Check the time and date on your computer. Sometimes this can cause false security issues

gassux

Mar 14, 2010
I ran the nictane adapter with the donaldson/water seperator and it ended up too close to the manifold for my liking. I would source a filter with a water seperator built in. I've been running this setup in NY for some time. I've saved a ton of money on filters. I run a CAT 1R-0750 or the P551313 if they have it in stock.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I ran that setup for like 8 years; no complaints. When I started getting a leak, I was going to rebuild until I saw his new billet head, so I swapped to that. Happy again. To do again, I'd skip the adapter and go to the billet head (assuming you have a lift pump).

Lt. DMAX

Nov 4, 2016
Southern Tier of NY
I am seeing info now that the OEM filter has had the filtration increased and is now on par with that of the CAT or Donaldson. So confusing...

What is this Billet Head a few have mentioned?