NHRDA is no more

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
heard through the grape vine is was done and then my buddy asked Randy. A press release will be sent out sunday it seems. There goes the only west coast series for a while. I cant say i didnt see it coming but still sad to hear

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
We were planning on some ODSS stuff next year, i think that just confirmed it :roflmao:

FC5452

Mar 17, 2013
Eastern PA
Nadm is still running, but that’s mostly mid west and north, odss is mostly south east, a lot has to do with the amount of competitors, around my parts not much interest in heads up, or index, mostly daily’s that want to just play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
If this is true it doesn't surprise me at all. Truck counts have been way down as well as spectators. It's so damn expensive to travel anymore and the events are so far apart. Don't blame Randy at all for folding the tent. It lasted about 3 more years than I thought it would.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Doesn’t help with all the tracks getting shut down in the west and the extra cost to mod these trucks with all the extra emissions bs. 5g to delete an l5p? Gimme a break.

Do people even sled pull anymore? Hear even less about that sport these days it seems.

weazel

Oct 5, 2011
Mason, TX
Anyone want to get something going for us southern guys? Lol.
The closest event was NHRDA, but it was a 4 hour ride to go check it out, add a few more hours to that for the further west Texas guys.
Seems like events are drying up pretty quickly here lately. I understand there were a lot of hard feelings back in the day with DHRA, but I enjoyed watching those when I went.

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
Sad news but sad thing is the nhrda just flat quit coming to the southeast they were doing really good with the gator diesel nationals Gainesville fl and the really big event that happened in 14 15 was huge at south Georgia motosports park in Cecil ga then they just fell off the map there are a lot of pullers in the southeast myself included that never get the chance to pull cause there are no events any where close I'm sorry but a 8 to 12 hour plus ride isn't easy or cheap if you break something

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
Doesn’t help with all the tracks getting shut down in the west and the extra cost to mod these trucks with all the extra emissions bs. 5g to delete an l5p? Gimme a break.

Do people even sled pull anymore? Hear even less about that sport these days it seems.

I second that 5g is steep to delete l5p I have a feeling most will keep the warrenty to trade out of every 40k to new year model

FC5452

Mar 17, 2013
Eastern PA
I second that 5g is steep to delete l5p I have a feeling most will keep the warrenty to trade out of every 40k to new year model

I kept my LML for that exact reason, 5 just for the tune, over on space book they were stating it was still cheaper hp per dollar than the lml. I won’t even get Into a discussion here l. Takes this off topic.

But the price of racing has been steadily rising, and the only thing you’ll see racing are 10 or so Teams just like in the NHRA. It will be out of the reach for many. Hence the decline in participators.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Agreed. Tough to compete as a non sponsored person and be able to run with SS guys throwing down low 9’s.

Even 11 seconds isn’t cheap.

FC5452

Mar 17, 2013
Eastern PA
Agreed. Tough to compete as a non sponsored person and be able to run with SS guys throwing down low 9’s.

Even 11 seconds isn’t cheap.

Truth, I did the 11.90 for a season, and that was hard on the wallet. So now I’m a happy camper and tow with it now lol....

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
My idea is:
Why don't we rent a track for a day and just run the trucks on a regular basis. Doesn't have to be a sanctioned body because it's just for fun. You could have your own match races if you want. It might work.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
My idea is:
Why don't we rent a track for a day and just run the trucks on a regular basis. Doesn't have to be a sanctioned body because it's just for fun. You could have your own match races if you want. It might work.

:thumb: I think we are going to try and do this next year at Firebird. It would be nice to get more than a few runs in for a day.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
My idea is:

If its within reasonable driving distance from me I'm in. Thats my biggest hurdle