Next Mod Help

MaxComp88B

Mar 30, 2022
I was looking at the kennedy lift pumps but they are cheaper than a fass so I wondered if they are actually that good. I have heard great stuff but I dont now about them much.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
To me that sounds like a CP3 issue. Like you put a bandaid on the problem but didnt exactly fix it. I could be wrong though.
That was in 2009 and 5 years later that CP3 made 636 at Mark's with a 68mm. No issue bandaided :) I recall there being a writeup from MMLMM on this site about trucks that were hanging shifts - it was the same issue/fix.

Reactions: MaxComp88B

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I was looking at the kennedy lift pumps but they are cheaper than a fass so I wondered if they are actually that good. I have heard great stuff but I dont now about them much.
I wouldn't give that man a penny of my money. I'd sooner push my truck home.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin

They seem decent, they've been around for quite some time. The only thing is recently it seems that Kennedy has had some drops in quality with at least their fan clutches, I do not know how far into their product line that quality issue stems. The way that Kennedy dealt with it (on the two reports form users in the last month or so) is essentially he brushed it off and didn't do anything to fix it.

Personally I tend to stick to FASS/AirDog as they're lifetime warranty and are pretty "cut and dried" when it comes to warranty replacements with quick troubleshooting before parts are replaced (as long as you filled out your warranty card).

Tool958

Dec 30, 2010
Illinois

Don’t want to jinx myself. I’ve had one on my 2007.5 2500HD since 2010. It’s always been quiet, to the point you don’t know it’s running. It’s been a good one. Have also ran one on my 2015.5 3500HD dually for a couple of years. So far, both have been very reliable, and yes, they are cheaper in price, but the design has been good quality on mine and several people have said the same over the years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

08lmm72mm

May 13, 2019
Saskatchewan, Canada
Yessir I have a lift pump planned for sure but have about another 500 dollars I am willing to spend. I was thinking maybe hot side and cold side turbo piping and then a turbo mouthpiece.
IMO I have these mods and unless you are going to a bigger turbo and injectors they aren't worth the cost for gains. I doubt you'll even notice a difference. You say you have a passenger side PPE up pipe, I'd get the drivers side one to compliment it.

Reactions: Tool958

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
IMO I have these mods and unless you are going to a bigger turbo and injectors they aren't worth the cost for gains. I doubt you'll even notice a difference. You say you have a passenger side PPE up pipe, I'd get the drivers side one to compliment it.

I disagree on the lift pump but I do agree on the hot/cold side. The OEM CAC piping is more than sufficient for his HP goals.

Reactions: Dozerboy

MaxComp88B

Mar 30, 2022
Well I have decided...I am going to go stock fuel/air and run a dsp5 with a built trans and get a lift pump. Keeping stock turbo and all that. I have an older edge moniter but dont have the cable and have looked everywhere online and cant find one so I am gonna probably have to buy a new edge and get an egt gauge as well since I am running stock turbo and stuff and tow 9k+ every once in a while.

Reactions: 08lmm72mm