Next Cheetah Owner

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
Brayden and Chase are calling me tomorrow to iron out the details on the LBZ cheetah they'll be building for me. Can't wait and I'm hoping to get some help from you guys that have been tuning them for a while to get me started. I'm going with the biggest they'll make it and am going to ask if they can ball bearing it.

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
Let me know when your ready :D Hook up a drive pressure gauge while your at it, it will be your biggest help with tuning.

beach_33

Feb 18, 2008
des moines, IA
thats true i as very pleased when i put my bd on. it will make it uch easier to hook mine up.so wha sze did you go with 70mm. tuning help is short right know but larry is a huge help and i willhelp anyway that i can as well

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
thats true i as very pleased when i put my bd on. it will make it uch easier to hook mine up.so wha sze did you go with 70mm. tuning help is short right know but larry is a huge help and i willhelp anyway that i can as well

Put your pyro in the BD manifold, hook the DP gauge plumbing into the passenger side manifild. As Simon said earlier, too many wires in the way on the driver side as well as the steering shaft and other stuff.

HeavyHD

*Maxxed Out*
Oct 26, 2008
NW Indiana
Got my lbz cheetah on my lilly back in.... i dont remember when lol. It was right before labor day. Once Brayden got the tuning dialed in at the last pull of the year it ran like a raped ape. Went to the dyno a few weeks ago though and we could only muster 28psi out of it....:( Trans is on the fritz too so i cant really tell what the heck is wrong till we get the trans refreshed. But I love the charger to death. Lights super fast and when it does its wicked.

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
I've had a hard time getting close to full boost on dynos too - most of them don't put a big enough load on our trucks to get the turbo to spool up and having a slipping trans would only exagerrate that even more. Try to ride the brake as you roll into the throttle to get it to spool; even with this the highest boost I have seen on the dyno is 40 although I get 45-47 on the street/track on the same tune. The dyno operator also suggested doing your pull in 5th to load it down even more, but I haven't tried that yet.