New truck/project/toy/headache

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Some pics of my new money pit! Its an 07 EC 2x4 long bed<-- not for long. I picked it up from a junk yard down south really cheap. The engine bay was cought on fire, but the only damage was to the motor. We figure it was a fraud/insurance scam, because the turn signal and shift lever were the only things melted in the truck. The owner probably tried to start them on fire, and when it didn't work, they/he moved to the engine compartment. The fire must have been put out quickly because the firewall is still perfect. The only damage on the exterior is a silver dollar size ding on the RF door. Today I gutted the interior, and cleaned out all the dirt ect. I ordered the four link, tubs, frame rails and cage today, and should have them by the end of next week. There are alot of parts off the truck that will not be needed list below.
Thanks to those that bought the stuff off of my other truck, it will help the new project move alot faster!

Seats, drive lines, Rear diff, shocks, 1 ton over loads, Long bed with line X liner, torsion bars, also have a front diff from an 08 LMM.

Attachments

• 07 ec.jpg
    07 ec.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 86
  • 07 ec2.jpg
    07 ec2.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 94
  • 07 ec3.jpg
    07 ec3.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 99
  • 07 ec4.jpg
    07 ec4.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

Osubeaver

Professional Grade
Aug 30, 2008
Oregon
Me: "Hey Russ, how fast you wanna go?"

Russ: "As fast as I can get the #%*&## to go"

I like your style.

Good luck with it :cool2:

Last edited:

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Well depending on what fits my 03 chev...I might be intrested in some body parts.

Possibly the front bumper and brackets? If it matches my body/grille lines. If not, just brackets?
I need the rear door glass for the RT side and the plastic frame they mount to. But mines the dark tint factory and glass needs to be nice, mines scratched and right one the seal is cut. Maybe a front lower valence /fog light delete?

IF you find you wont be needing this kind of stuff, and nobody else does, and you have it laying around, perhaps I could purchase some of it down the road? Im in no rush and my wallet isnt at the moment:eek: but though id put the feelers out just in case:hug:

Just some stuff i'll eventually need to finish my money bucket! Its not going to be a perfect show truck but id like to have nice parts on it and if I can find some of it used, cool! I know what parts of mine are booger'ed and it irritates me:rofl:

If you ditch the rear door windows, gimme a shout on removing them if you'd like, they suck to get the frames out, there urethaned in. Thats why i need one side, screwd one up figuring how to get it out. Windshield wire....was NOT the awnser:spit:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Damn Russ you did get a good deal on that truck... built trans, engine and it would be ready to run. 4 Link should be interesting:D I hope you reach your goals with this truck

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Thanks guy's, Bed is coming off Friday and the back half begins! I do need some frame to ground measurements from somebody with the same truck (front). Looks like the four link will drop the rear around 6". Are drop spindles the same as the 1500 trucks? I think im going coil over in the front, and ditching the torsions. That should give me enough drop.

Matt let me know, as a guy mid west wants me to ship it to him. I really dont want to ship it though!

Last edited:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Thanks guy's, Bed is coming off Friday and the back half begins! I do need some frame to ground measurements from somebody with the same truck (front). Looks like the four link will drop the rear around 6". Are drop spindles the same as the 1500 trucks? I think im going coil over in the front, and ditching the torsions. That should give me enough drop.

Matt let me know, as a guy mid west wants me to ship it to him. I really dont want to ship it though!

Russ that's going to look like a sweet setup

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
you have all of it and want to sell the front clip and wouldn't mind shipping it, I might be interested if the price is right. :D

I take it you are leaving it 2wd and tis will pretty much be a drag truck!?!? This should be good!

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure he bought it with no front clip.